System Pics 2024

Why keep the SU if you have sources and the Nait 50. I would be very surprised if the quality of the pre in the SU was anywhere near as good as the Nait 50 and it complicates things unnecessarily. I would sell it and use the money towards a DAC for your Innuos.

Thanks @Rafael, yes that’s what I thought. Set the SU to about 50 volume and go from there.

Good call. Here’s a quick snap. I’m going to get a lot of flak on here for the set up, but it’s easier to switch cables for me this way :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Hey @ChrisSU that is exactly my plan. But was just wondering what the DAC in the SU would add to the sound. While I still have it.

I’ve got the SU listed to sell. And I think my first step, when I do, will be to add a decent LPSU to the innuos and see how much of an improve it will make to the internal DAC.

1 Like

My money’s on a DAC upgrade being a better upgrade than a PSU for the Innuos. I’m thinking maybe a V1 if you can find one, or a Chord Qutest or Hugo.

4 Likes

Wow, groovy baby!

2 Likes

This was posted originally in my speaker build thread, but I thought this would also be a good thread for this particular one.

21 Likes

Nice work there :+1:

1 Like

You might get some flak from your other half :grin:

1 Like

Ew. Radical. What’s the device connected to the SU on the left, BTW?

Some sort of Tibetan Chakra Adjustment Unit?

2 Likes

Organic Isolation cones

1 Like

My new Burmester 082 having replaced the Uniti Nova. Three weeks old and still running in…

Burmester 082
Denafrips Pontus II 12-1
ART Deco 20 Signature speakers (Alnico tweeters)
BlueSound Node X
Roksan Attessa Turntable
Transparent Music Wave Ultra speaker cables
Audio Quest Tornado High Current main power cable (Burmester 082)
Audio Quest cables throughout

39 Likes

New Chord Epic is in from SuperLine/HiCap to 282, so Mrs Q and I are having a listening session whilst building Lego tonight😊

36 Likes

System is looking rather wonderful with green lighting. :heart_eyes:

Sorry to say this, I think your system looks superb, but with 2nd Fraim stack on right at same height, it would look awesome.

There, it’s been said now. Ready to duck!

I know it costs alot of money but maybe at some point.

3 Likes

Nice AV room :grinning:

1 Like

It’s been said before @Dan_M and I have listened, but I didn’t like my LP12 on top of the Fraim as much as I do on the source rack I had built.
I like both the sound and the aesthetic the way it is😉

8 Likes

Glad to hear it @QuickSticks. Looks wonderful, like I said.

1 Like

I particularly like the shelves with the half boxes. Looks really cool. So 3 HiCaps and a Superline. Very nice.

1 Like

Great looking space @Quicksticks.
Have you built a “plinth” underneath your “stacks”?
What did it involve if I may ask?
I’m looking at ideas as I’m planning on moving my system to a different room which, although more suitable in many ways, has a slightly bouncy floor.
Thanks

1 Like

@shanks15
That seems like a big change, but I like the look of the Burmester. It looks a quality build

1 Like