System Pics 2024

32 Likes

Salisbury stack :pancakes: :books:

1 Like

A warmer more analogue sound. The DAVE on its own is a formidable DAC with an impressive sound stage, huge detail and depth to the sound. Sat between the speakers you can imagine throwing a ball and watching it disappear into the distance.

Less wires too without the 500 and MScaler, nothing touches at the back of the Fraim except Powerline leads.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

…a beautiful room and system!

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed reply. Your approach, utilising the control and connection options of the n-subs, sound very well thought out. I’ve never heard one but they seems to be a very well thought-out product.

Saw them live in New York in 1972. Long time ago now.

1 Like

The Hi Res download on Qobuz is astonishing.

1 Like

Agh Dan. I am only catching up on this thread now to read this post. Ever since your first post on this I have been thinking about you. Over the years my family has had enough cancer to do us, though thankfully I was lucky.

You are right about what you say about this forum, we are unified and a proper community and we all, if it was possible, do whatever we can to help you. So big hugs bro and I will raise a beer with you. :fist:

4 Likes

I haven’t posted a picture of my system for a while. We have done some renovations recently. I have laid new oak floors and a few other things.

75 Likes

Previously I was only able to load one image onto the page, so I’ll show the opposite page.

38 Likes

Hi @claucnc To me the Kudos sounds very good with the Nait50. I wasn’t expecting too much more from them. But I was pleasantly surprised how much more detail they produce at the end of the 50. I don’t find the low end lacking, compared to the 80w of the SuperUniti. It actually seems a bit tighter. Unfortunately, I’ve just started using the internal DAC of the innues ZenMini3 as source. So this could also be a factor in what I’m now hearing. It definitely is too bright when I turn up the volume past 7’oclock. (I don’t think there is a way to just use the DAC in the SU)

2 Likes

@DomTomLondon,

You do have two analogue outputs in the SuperUniti (din, rca).

It is not a fixed level signal, you will have the preamplifier in between. But the pre of the SU is very good, you may like it better.

I am very interested in your experiment, I also have a SuperUniti. Is it better than the ZENmini Mk3?

Good luck.

Hi @Rafael thanks. I will play around with a few combinations and let you know if I have anything interesting to share.

As for the ZenMimi, as a server it is better than the one in the SU. But that’s to be expected as it’s newer tech and its software is still being updated with sound quality improvements, as well as with new functionality. With the latest updates,

SU doesn’t do Qobuz, and native Tidal didn’t sound as good.

In my opinion the innuos Sense app is also much better than the Naim App. Not up to Roon standard, but still very good.

4 Likes

The first pic, really nice, the bokeh effect - Nice
What lens and f-stop was

Thanks @onglh27

I used my Fuji XPro2 with a Zuiko OM 50mm 1.4 lens. @f2.8 i believe. (It’s a legacy lens that doesn’t provide exif data to the body)

3 Likes

Get a ND5-XS2…it sound perfect with NAIT50….:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks

Bought myself a vintage nikkor lens 50 mm f1.4 during covid period, these legacy lens reminds us to pause compose and then shoot

3 Likes

A proper one box system!:sunglasses:

74 Likes

Now that’s a space saver! Should do well in Tokyo homes :rofl:

3 Likes

A new addition to your collection Tony.

1 Like