System Pics 2024

I like the Chord M6 being visible. It’s a beast. But then I like the Naim powerlines and being able to see them. So I think the look of the M6 looks pretty damned cool.

Lovely speakers, great system, am sure it sounds great.

I would have it as two stacks if it was me. But then I have three! But yes, I appreciate that the system works best for you this way!

Enjoy the music most importantly!

2 Likes

This is rather rude! I assume you are referring to Nigel‘s health — do you think that‘s funny?! Quite an un-tasteful ”joke“… I suggest deleting your concluding sentence.

P.S. In the meantime I have read that you are still very happy with your comment — pitiful.

1 Like

Thanks Nigel.

Old houses are a great way of preventing upgraditis.

Lucky to get 6 months without needing some action on the house, so spare funds tend to stay in an account ready for house works rather than amplifiers :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

As I am not as aware of Nigel’s health issues as you seem to be please don’t assume that was the intention. My comment was a tongue in cheek comment purely on the basis of he used to have a much larger system than now!

As mentioned recently in the “what’s the next bit of gear you’re planning to buy in 2024” thread, I stated I was looking at a Mutec Ref 10 Master clock.

They didn’t have any for demo so sent me a Nano instead which is a new product in the Mutec range at about half the price of the Ref 10 with fewer clock outputs.

The idea is that it clocks the signal in the Mutec MC3+ USB which I use as a (digital to digital) bridge between my server (USB) and my Naim Dac (BNC).

If you have a Dac with a clock input then you could also clock the Dac or an EtherRegen or anything else that has a clock input.

I only received it on Friday, so it’s still early days and possibly still not burnt/settled in so I will hold off on any thoughts and opinions until the end of my demo period.

Both the MC3+ and the Nano have an internal Switch Mode power supply as standard which can be upgraded to an external Linear power supply. Whereas the Ref 10 has an internal Linear power supply.

40 Likes

Let’s help our moderators have a peaceful evening?

2 Likes

Good evening everyone,

I have been following the thread with dismay over the last six hours.

It began with some great photographs followed by a comment intended to be helpful. Some interpreted this as too direct and it proceeded from there. This really isn’t necessary, helpful, fun, or interesting.

Dan_M has tried repeatedly to pour oil on troubled waters, but the whole thing keeps flaring up again. Ironically, all of the protagonists have a history of providing real, meaningful, informed and well-intentioned advice and comment, but this episode isn’t any of those things. I have benefitted from advice from a number of the people invloved in this disagreement, but I am fearful that it might sour the generally supportive tone of the forum. Worse than this, it could discourage some from participating and that would be a loss to us all.

Please let it go gentlemen.

Now, to change tack, I am expecting a new CD transport tomorrow - look out for pics!!

Best wishes,

Brian D.

11 Likes

Hi @DerekC thanks for your response - I just felt after reading your profile purely to ascertain the exact make up of components in your system and seeing your story that the last thing you needed was for someone to just “wade in” and criticise it. We are all here I hope to be friends, helpful and respectful to each other but because I suffer with depression and anxiety and other similar problems I saw something I didn’t feel was appropriate in the circumstances. Take care sir and long may you enjoy your beautiful system.

5 Likes

That’s a lovely looking system

2 Likes

Well, @Marq has gone and upset me now, with a picture including beautiful windows and picture rails. I’m getting a severe case of old house green eyes.

5 Likes

DerekC stunning setup there fits in beautifully no problems regarding power strip. Does not spoil the beauty of your setup its that way for a reason

Class

To put things in perspective guys, on tuesday I received bad news about my health and my cancer has now spread not just to the liver but to one of my lungs. I thought I was having a liver resection op. There is another lesion in my liver and the other lesion has increased in size. Now I am looking at chemo to sustain my life with no chance of cure. They won’t do an op or attempt cure now. They are looking at sustaining my life. I have metastatic cancer and it’s likely to spread more. I am gutted to be honest.

I have been told I have two years to live. As most of you know I have been battling cancer and doing my best to make the most of life.

Very soon I will be loosing a full head of hair and will be undergoing intensive treatment that will make me live a little longer, but in the process weaker physically.

I love my family, my kids and you guys on here. I try to pour oil on troubled waters because the arguments on here aren’t worth it.

Now please show each other love, compassion and respect. We all have great systems whether it be Chrome Bumper, Olive, Unity, Classic, New Classic or non Naim systems. Be kind and considerate!

Sending you thanks for all your support through what can only be described as difficult times for me!

You guys are wonderful and be the best that you can be. We should be unified on this forum, no need for fighting!

166 Likes

Well said DerekC has a beautiful system and proud of it i would be

Dan I’m so sorry, I hope the outcome is the best it can possibly be. Take care.

13 Likes

I know I’m a stranger, I don’t know if you need a hug, a brew, a pint, or a rough pat on the back, or all four, happy for any/all none of them. Take care Dan

16 Likes

Thanks Pete, I was hopeful of cure. This has blown it out of the water unfortunately. Right now staying positive is proving difficult.

5 Likes

Hang in there, fight as long as you feel like it. Thinking of you.

8 Likes

Hey, thanks. All the above. It all helps. Appreciate it.

9 Likes

Oh dear……you are a very brave man, take care of yourself……the forum tends to lose all perspective at times🙏

7 Likes