System Pics 2024

Thanks Graeme - it’s all looking good so enjoy your new kit :+1:

1 Like

Not so with my Klipsch Forte III’s. They are horn-loaded in the mid and treble and have 12" bass drivers with 15" ABR’s on the cabinet rears. The are super fast and articulate and have all the scale and bass ouput one could want. They also have incredible presence and immediacy. I’ve used both Kans and IBL’s in the past and both were superb, but these are something else again.

They are also 90dB efficient so very easy to drive and not nearly so critical of the driving electronics as the Linn and Naim speakers of old were, where one needed to invest very heavily here to obtain good results.

17 Likes

@GraemeH
Now I get it. Congrats…
R

1 Like

17 Likes

A mini S1?

7 Likes

It’s an Asus usb DVD usually connected to the mini PC (left) running Lyrion Music Server which sees the Mu-so as a chromecast/upnp endpoint. The Muso can then play audio CDs (without the need for a clunky big CD player) with track info and metadata. Works a charm. :sunglasses::blush:
See What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested? - #19990 by castalla

3 Likes

Thanks.
It was a little joke from me. The Statement S1 looks like this, so like a tall Muso.

15 Likes

Not as much as I should, Pete. I may have to let it go at some point and that’s going to be a sad day.

2 Likes

Because they look similar Get this Statement S1 and pay only Muso price

2 Likes

I hope you’ve taken that carpet with you. It has cult status now.

1 Like

I honestly thought the Asus was an owner’s manual! A clever idea using it as DVD/CD player. Does it make much noise?

Beautiful Dingwall.

Did it take long to get used to fanned frets?

1 Like

Thank you!

Not at all, it took me a couple of minutes to do some minor adjustments. The biggest challenge was the lower frets (the ones with lower notes), as they are further apart, so sometimes I was off there. The fret height itself is very low, as it uses banjo frets, which I find very comfortable.

I’m actually a beginner still and ‘not worth’ an instrument of the caliber. It was my birthday, had my eye on it for a while in a spec I very much liked and bit the bullet. Even these, the Combustion line, are relatively hard to find. It does make me a better player, with the instrument being better built. The B-string sometimes is a challenge too to mute, but that’s not different from a non-multi-scale bass. It might be a bit more pronounced, though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Not especially noticeable. I’ve just replaced it with a Hitachi LG GP70 External DVD Drive, Slim Portable DVD Player/Writer for Laptop, Desktop PC, USB 2.0, Windows and Mac OS Compatible.
Very quiet. Front loader. Works a treat.

1 Like

My Supernait goes from the Netherlands to Salisbury for a recap next week. I am looking forward to hearing the difference.

2 Likes

21 Likes

I can understand that. I had Kans then Briks. Totally different presentation and I certainly wouldn’t say passive Briks are fast speakers, the opposite actually. When you go active it’s totally different again, kans with bass.

1 Like

Only change to my main system is a serviced 72 (special) from AV Options - mighty impressive Chris and Co.!

However, I finally found a use for my CD5XS that has been sitting in my basement these last 4 years or so. It’s the centerpiece of my new office system: CD5XS/FCXS/HL2/Grado RS2e 'phones.

38 Likes

Looking better, sounding better. Many thanks @cayorob for the little pressure.

15 Likes

After many Uber expensive headphones and head amps I’m looking for a used headline 2 and grado headphones. are you enjoying the sound of that combination?