System Pics 2024

Just the 300 Din - XLR cables to get wrong next time then.

It’s a rite of passage of Naim amp ownership :wink::joy:

3 Likes

PMCs in place. Lets us listen to some music.:sunglasses:

41 Likes

As a Bass player, do you find music a little lacking when played on your HiFi, or do you have a sub to get your fix?

2 Likes

It very much depends on the mix, of course. The Signature 805’s do a surprisingly good job in the bass department and even more so with the new (to me) NAP250. I also listened to some 804’s back then and preferred the monitors by quite a margin. Even adding a sub didn’t really do it, that just felt slow. Changing the stands that came with the speakers was a must, in the end. The original ones looked good, but weren’t heavy enough. These are literally called Heavy 2’s. And tightened up the bass response tremendously.
My room isn’t huge either, which probably helps. I am currently in talks for a rebuild if the living room including an extension, which might very well throw a spanner in the works, though! But we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it :smiley:

1 Like

Not the best tt placement i know, and my listening chair is opposite and not shown. And my wife got her way and there’s a log-stove in the room. I have the windows open when it’s lit and my LPs are in another room.

I’m glad to see that everybody else has had to comprise :wink:

20 Likes

You’ve got the snes (mini?) so all is good :wink:

1 Like

Indeed I do! I also have the real deal from back in the day, my original one even. But the connections for that aren’t ideal. Should find a SCART to HDMI converter, but its still going to be 480i on a 2160p screen, so it’ll look abysmal. Great games though!

It looks fine to me, what’s wrong with the TT placement?

I reconditioned the yellowed case and recapped my original SNES and AC adapter and all the cartridges about 6 months ago. Looks fantastic. But its 240p output doesn’t scale that well at times. Nevertheless, with just the right adjustments to one of the inputs on the TV to greatly soften the picture and mute the colours a bit I got it looking pretty close to how it felt on the CRT of my youth.

2 Likes

Love a music room with racks of CDs/LPs, looks fantastic. :+1:

4 Likes

Love the reel to reel do you use the that much?

3 Likes

Nice book also :wink:

1 Like

Too close to the speaker. To my ears i can’t detect it picking anything up. But my ears are 53 years old :slight_smile:

1 Like

They look nice Tony :wink:.

G

1 Like

Long time lurker from Finland joining the forum. You have a nice community here and I really enjoy reading it! Keep it up!

Here is a pic of my somewhat modest setup. Pic is taken from my listening chair.

85 Likes

Welcome, a very stylish room. :+1:

1 Like

What a great first entry here!

1 Like

The same roomstyle as earlier, some changes to the Glorious vinylcases only. Two more rackshelves incoming.

Have put aside NC250 and NPX300, now running Nait50 with 222. At the bottom Atom HE and will let it run for a while and compare phono- / headamps etc.

Then, add NC again at some point just to really know what they bring to it.

37 Likes

Welcome great room. :+1:

1 Like

Very happy with them. Sorry, you can’t have them back, Graeme.:sunglasses:

1 Like