System Pics 2024

Where is the phono stage ?
Congrats for the 40 th anniversary !

Inside the plinth! Presumably an Urika.

1 Like

And to me. I use a simple, true 75ohm RG316 coaxial cable to connect my VRDS-9 to it.

3 Likes

Linn Urika phono - inside the LP12

1 Like

Love the simplicity of this. Also, old with new combinations that I’m sure makes a lovely sound.
My first entry to Naim Audio was a SN1. I have very fond memories of it. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Ian, a 60th birthday present to myself last year :slightly_smiling_face: You have a fantastic system yourself,

The cabinet, a cheap Ikea Besta, is completely open at the back. The racks are spiked to the floor through holes cut in the bottom so the cabinet is effectively just a shell around it all.

To get more room for cables I built this (Link) if you scroll down through the topic a bit you can see how it turned out!

1 Like

Thanks Max, of all the ones I’ve made my wife likes them the most and they’re working better than I thought they might, glad I tried them.

1 Like

I thought I read on here that looping A5 like this adversely affected the sound, especially if the loops are touching, and that a single long run past the speaker and looping back was preferable? Not always practical or desirable from a looks point of view of course.
Having recently got a couple of 5m lengths of A5 to compare against the Phantom I’m now wondering how on earth I’m going to fit it, I’ve read about how inflexible it is but was still surprised when it arrived :joy:

2 Likes

We will wait for more feedback from others on this one. It probably makes no difference at all!

1 Like

You’re probably absolutely right! :slightly_smiling_face: … always one way to find out I guess! I soldered the plugs on yesterday so might get them hooked up later … will try the single long loop first and weather the objections from my better half!

2 Likes

Nooooo.

2 Likes

Wives? Or record collections?

2 Likes

Actually, husbands I think Neil :joy:

2 Likes

What is actually the rang of naim CD players? Let’s say top 5 ever in the right order.

1 Like

Hopefully have my new D10x next Saturday dealer said a week looking forwards to having in my system…

2 Likes

Top 5 in terms of hierarchy is:

CD555
CDS3
CDS2
CDS
CDX2.2

The hierarchy is 555, CDS, CDX, 5 series, 3 series.

The CDI and CD2 were precursors to the CDX.

The rest after top 5 is:

CDX2
CDX
CDI
CD2

CD5xs
CD5X
CD5
CD5si
CD5i
CD5i

CD3.5
CD3

What you need to factor in is that many of these CD players need power supplies and some can be changed with optional power supplies.

The CD5xs and CDX2.2 have digital out. So they can be upgraded with external DAC and used as digital transports.

7 Likes

Excellent news. I bet you are very excited.
I was just thinking during this morning’s listening session how wonderful the music sounds from it. It’s a real pleasure to listen to and everything sounds so real and dynamic, especially with well recorded and mastered classical, Jazz, Blues, acoustic and Rock.
Not sure if you have any SACDs but these sound truly amazing. Again, mostly classical in my case but these well recorded albums are so dynamic. Strings such as cello and violin are to die for. I suppose it’s my whole system here but nevertheless the D-10X is a fabulous source.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your system.

20 Likes

Oh, regarding ‘burn in’. Just keep it powered up 24/7 and play as many CDs you can as soon as you can. I just listened during the whole process and enjoyed every minute :grin:

3 Likes

Do they make their own sacd mechanism?

They make their own very substantial drive.

IMG_1311

11 Likes