System Pics 2024

If you have the cables maybe behind the two canvases on the floor, will look better. It looks like a work in progress. But main thing is does it sound better now?

Thanks for the tip Dan. I’ll have to experiment as the Sarum T is so thick it’s not very keen on going in any direction except the way it’s been coiled.

2 Likes

Use a hair dryer to get it in position you want!

1 Like

Longer speaker cables often sound better!

1 Like

I think the idea is to fold the cables rather than coil them. Coiling speaker cables increases inductance and could overheat your system (unlikely, but possible).

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I’ll experiment more tomorrow. Off to my sister in law’s 50th party, but from what I’ve listened to so far, it sounds like a new system. Loads more bass and with the speakers further apart I’m getting a lot more separation and bigger sound scape. They’ve really come into their own now they can breathe a bit :+1:

I’m using my DIY mains leads currently, so I’ll give my Furutech/MCRU #77 cables a try tomorrow as well.

4 Likes

Nice big mains cables!

You’ll be wider soundstage now. Things should sound more open.

I tried other mains cables but ended up with Powerlines throughout.

Enjoy your party!

2 Likes

Good to see you’ve hung the toilet paper roll correctly.

10 Likes

Don’t you just hate when people hang it so it lies against the wall :angry: :exploding_head:

7 Likes

My shop/office system: NDX, SN2, HiCap, Core, Wharfedale Linton’s.

The Linton’s are a great “cheap” three way speaker. They have a warm musical sound. The SN2 came to life with the addition of a HiCap DR. The NDX is still an exceptional streamer for its age. A real bargain used.

43 Likes

But it’s not Izal toilet paper😂

3 Likes

My wife does that; I have to make "the necessary adjustment "

1 Like

I’ve thought that for years, but someone on here said it was incorrect and coiling doesn’t matter. I’m now less sure.

I think that might have been @Simon-in-Suffolk although the FAQ still says don’t coil. Hard to imagine the little coil in @What_Are_You_To_Me’s photo could cause any harm though.

2 Likes

It won’t cause harm like you say Chris. Might look better dressed differently?

Indeed, I would expect a severe ear bashing if my wife saw something like that in the living room, although I think he just did it temporarily. Perhaps it’s an attempt to deflect attention from more severe crimes elsewhere.

2 Likes

Yeah. He’s bought alot of gear recently and has now changed the room around! Hopefully things will be alright for him! :rofl:

1 Like

Or guitars?

Let’s try to keep everyone happy: :wink:

7 Likes

Don’t forget to fix a doorstop to the floor!

3 Likes