System Pics 2024

Thank you. I thought this room was going to be a real challenge - hard floors and stone walls - and yet it all sounds good to my ears.

2 Likes

Upgraded my streamer, two linn selekt dsm and Rega p6. Set another system up in my spare room Naim Muso qb 2 Naim uniti Atom Headphone, Edition with Focal utopia headphones 2022

28 Likes

How long does it take for the linn to run in

1 Like

A legend of a system, and your spirit is an inspiration, Dan.

Keep playing the music!

9 Likes

Not much new in 2024 other than a bigger, thicker chopping board for the turntable, supported by three Stack AuvaEQ isolators underneath. An appreciative improvement I must say.

Also, here’s my living room set-up:

When we moved in the better-half wanted something fairly minimalist with as few visible boxes and cables as possible, hence the Dynaudio Focus 60 XD wireless speakers.

I must say they sound pretty fantastic even if they’re used for TV/movie/games 95% of the time.

42 Likes

Just stunning… Stay strong fella :muscle:

3 Likes

You’re an inspiration, long may you fight.

Great setup. :+1:

3 Likes

All the best in 2024 @Dan_M!

3 Likes

Bedroom/my study system.

29 Likes

A signed Erasure photo. That’s a nice thing to have. Did you meet them to get it?

Went to the launch of ‘From Moscow to Mars’ and met them there. The picture was a gift from my wife. We’ve been fans since 1986 . Only have two metre long shelves of CDs for them :slight_smile:

Long time, no posts from me. Since 2017 I’ve been very happy with my 272/555DR/300DR and have made no changes over that period, until now…

Retirement and house downsizing meant that a radical change was needed, so the Naim system has gone and has been replaced with something much smaller and more manageable, but no less musical.

Before:

After:

It still qualifies as a Naim System Pic as I kept the two Powerlines!

64 Likes

Very nice, ohh that Luxman L-507Z … wow!

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s a cracker.

Really liked how you positioned the Fraim shelves! Beautiful :ok_hand:

12 Likes

Very interesting change! I do like and still have a soft spot for the 272, and it looked great on your black FRAIM. Great to see “Heroes” Playing on the Rose too :sunglasses: Plus, always loved the refreshing aesthetic of the Anthony Gallo speakers :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Welcome back! Need to update your profile.

Downsizing is the new ‘black’.

1 Like

Did you consider to use a center speaker with the Gallo’s or are you fully satisfied with the sound image as produced in your setup ?

1 Like

Very neat. I bet you don’t miss all the black boxes cluttering up the room.

2 Likes

It’s been quite a challenge going from a dedicated cinema room, music room, and tv lounge to just a single ‘entertainment’ room, but I’m pretty happy with how it’s turned out.

Lots of compromises, for sure, and I can’t say that a soundbar can compete with a proper 7.1 system, but as far as music is concerned it’s good enough for me.

It’s a lot ‘cleaner’ too; much less fuss (and dust!)

I still have to play with speaker positioning to get the sound properly in focus, but that’s good for my nerdy soul.

5 Likes