System Pics 2024

Nice. Are you using three or four of those pucks? As for me, I aim to add a glass shelf yet on the FraimLite level, using the three Fraim bearings and cups.

I used three Russ Andrews oak cones under my previous tube hybrid cd player with pretty good results.

1 Like

I am using three pucks , it certainly alters the sound and it took a little getting used to , it clarified the soundand enhanced the treble

1 Like

Good to know, thanks!

1 Like

Yes the Hungry Halibut did not like the sound, one of the things that I would like to know or believe is that I am listening to a closer version of what the artist recorded - and I thought with better isolation there was a stronger chance that would be the case.

I am sure there may be those who disagree with me , please don’t shout at me or get judgemental if that is the case

I think with better isolation , better cables and ‘‘better power’’ you get better and clearer sound

1 Like

There’ll always be those that disagree, but it’s your own room with your rules :slightly_smiling_face:.

This is why I have carpet and speakers spiked. Poor guy. They must be gutted. I get why Fraim in some countries is a no no.

2 Likes

I doubt whether the photo is right. It looks like being setup this way. Why would the desk with monitors still be ok, and that white thing on the left, but the loudspeaker trip over?

It’s just an av centre channel speaker.

1 Like

Having been in lots of earthquakes, that’s totally normal. You get hot zones in the house where things fly about and others where nothing shifts.

In the big Touhoku quake of 2011 The room I was in had a tea cup spill and a wine glass from the back of the glasses shelf leapfrog over the others onto the floor. In the listening room, my floor to ceiling DVD racks were unchanged. The top heavy satellite speakers on stands as-is and the precariously perched projector still atop the narrow 6 foot high stand. In the room next to that two chests of draws jad launched they contents across the room. The desk had flipped, and standing mirrors had shattered everwhere. The room was basically like it had been through a giant tumble dryer.

5 Likes

@frenchrooster thats a huge one !! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just sold my centre speaker as I wanted TV lower. Looks like putting it on the floor could have been another way of doing it!

2 Likes

IMG_1492

6 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

This was exactly my thought.

Maybe they work better when one of them is upside down, but they made my Nova sound most unnatural. Clearer isn’t better if it tears the music apart. I find it odd that so many are convinced that manufacturers such as Naim cannot get their equipment right and that add-ons are required. Wooden cones, squishy feet, black ravioli and all sorts of rubbish are out there to indulge the tweaker’s desire to tweak.

4 Likes

That was changed months ago

1 Like

Both you and Ian were motivated to try them, Ian found he liked the change, you the opposite. Can I ask why were you tempted to try them if your view is that Naim already do adequate isolation? I only very vaguely recall reading your rationale at the time. If that’s your view only after trying I don’t think it means that others should not also try it for themselves.

4 Likes

I find the whole subject very interesting and I would like to turn the question around. Why do you, or anyone else for that matter, decide to tweak in the first instance?

It’s good to keep an open mind, even if your instinct says something won’t work. I was very much up for an improvement if I could get one for £200 but it was not to be. As you say, our different experiences show how it’s worth trying. That said, those who try these add-ons can often be rather evangelical in their recommendations, suggesting that because it works for them it will work for everyone. But that’s perhaps to be expected, as hifi has long been something of a tweaker’s paradise.

2 Likes

could be a good question for it’s own thread…

1 Like