System Pics 2024

Thanks Khan, it takes time for a system to evolve to somewhere you want it to be in my experience.

2 Likes

Bello Max !

Nice stands and setup the olive kit goes well with the colour of the wood stain.

Appreciated HiFiman.
Much experimentation in dying/staining natural bamboo finish to match my initial purchase of dark bamboo as more were required!

1 Like

Quite right Sir! And yes, they’ll keep improving with whatever better front end or amping you feed them with and all the while delighting you with whatever you feed them in between! I am of course totally unbiased…Enjoy.

2 Likes

Grazie!

And a great album :+1:

1 Like

Great Christy Moore album too.

3 Likes

Just caught the :rainbow: on the 500 :slight_smile:

95 Likes

Nice two colour Fraim setup

2 Likes

The spirit of dark side of the moon!!

4 Likes

Thank you drago, it suited the Dps plinth so I exchanged it with the lower black one :slight_smile:

:wink: Haven´t heard that masterpiece for a long time. Maybe time to let it spin again soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And you’re letting it go? :blush:

1 Like

After many years I unfortunately need to. But just, if it really brings some reward, else it will go into a long sleep :wink:

1 Like

Thought about the Schroeder no2 arm for my phonosophie p3 TT. Is he a good one?
Boenicke I need to hear some day as well - popular here in northern Germany :blush: (some dealers here)

1 Like

I had the schroeder now for 10 years. Due to a rewiring process i was able to meet Frank Schroeder personally in Berlin and he dedicated some time to explain some thoughts. Such friendly and experienced person. Exquisite service. The No 2 is such a precision arm even if it is the entry level in his collection. By time I understood it´s qualities and mounted different pickups. Without hesitation I would recommend one.

The Boenickes are something special. If you have a chance to listen to one you definitely should :slight_smile: I was very astonished, when I heard a piano and a violin for the first time. They are tamagotchis. Need definitely some care in the beginning, but then reward you with endless joy :slight_smile: I know there is a dealer in Hamburg who carries some models.

2 Likes

After a twenty year absence, I have returned…:wink:
In 2002, I had 282/HC/250/CDX2 to Dynaudio Special 25s.

After a 20 year journey through tubes and niche US audio companies, Chinese DACs and esoteric tweaks, I have come home…:wink:

NSC 222/250 Classic, but with Cardas Golden Ref XLR and Audience AU24SX speaker cables.
Dedicated mains, of course.

Dynaudio Heritage Specials as I love the aesthetic and the overall neutrality of the brand.
Rel 7x or something utility sub in the corner for bass-shy recordings.

Small basement cave/home office (9’x14’x7’) in 125 yo house on northside of Chicago that was once the room used for coal and wood storage. Concrete/brick walls and floors. It’s a wonderful space. Yes, I’m sure Ill get an NPX 300…:wink:

• Yes, the pyramids on the speakers…they are glass sculptures made by my brother. With the 24’ sand-filled Osiris stands I have, the heavy glass makes the Dyns very inert…at least by my naive logic. Other than that, it just looks cool.

47 Likes

What are the triangular objects on the speakers?

• Yes, the pyramids on the speakers…they are glass sculptures made by my brother. With the 24’’ sand-filled Osiris stands I have, the heavy glass makes the Dyns very inert…at least by my naive logic. Other than that, it just looks cool.
2 Likes