System Pics 2024

They definitely look good.

Just remember if the Dyns were meant to be that inertially dampened, it would have been simpler and cheaper for Dynaudio to just put a slab of cement in the top… But they didn’t.

I’d listen to them for a week with the sculptures on and then off before committing.

3 Likes

That pic puts my back teeth on edge. I can’t bear anything on top of my loudspeakers!

My eyes, my eyes!

G

3 Likes

Have you tried without the triangular glass sculptures ?
I once tried to put some heavy things on top of my speakers, to see if it impacts the sound.
I noticed a degradation. But it may work for you.

One of my mates is a git, whenever he is round he will make his way towards speakers with whatever cup, glass or can he is holding and stretch out as if to place it on the speaker, he knows exactly the level of angst this causes and that’s the only reason he does it.

7 Likes

I have four rubber ducks :duck:

Picture to follow

Iam

4 Likes

When I had a pair of SBLs, I saw a friend put a cup of tea on top of one of them. I reckon I covered the distance to the speaker quicker than Usain Bolt! No harm done, thankfully.

7 Likes

My daughter had recently a small party in the gardenhouse. The morning after I found an enormous amount of near full cans on top of the two ibls there. It’s most remarkable how much fits on them.

5 Likes

Not even a tweeter !

7 Likes

Triggered already.

G

3 Likes

I always wonder about those lovely Chord amps with pretty lights inside and a mesh grill on top. I just know something would get spilt, in time.

1 Like

36 Likes

Beautiful system apart from those glass pyramids - like others here they set me on edge! Plus they detract from those gorgeous Dyns

3 Likes

Two changes since my last picture post, new plant and full set of Powerlines in place

53 Likes

Very nice, and welcome back. The pyramids are beautiful in their own right, could they be displayed elsewhere in the room? For me the speakers distract from the pyramids.

3 Likes

What a good-looking dog!!

16 Likes

Dear Clive,

I have Linn Isobariks. I’ll see your Usain Bolt and raise you a Max Verstappen!

Brian D.

3 Likes

Nice, clean set up. I would however be concerned about the album cover dropping onto the back of the tonearm …

2 Likes

Thanks @PSAN - it is a bit tricky indeed; but I only put the cover there in order to take a picture and remove it as quickly as possible.

1 Like

congrats - a beautifully understated system

1 Like

You should see his owner :flushed::joy:

3 .5 years old and very excitable, however, he is also a very well behaved dog. I am able to take him out on his walks without a lead, good recall and will walk by my side if walking past elderly folk or small children.

2 Likes