System Pics 2024

The KRad2 costs over £6k more than a late S/H Armageddon (@£700) and my hifi budget is stretched to the limit right now with the Kudos Crossover that I’ve ordered due shortly. Maybe the Geddon is a stop gap option regardless of sound quality.

Man cave?

I can assure you that my ears will decide Bevo not anyone else’s.

You’re lucky that Peter was able to find one for you. I believe that only around 1,500 AROs were ever made.

Peter supplied - and set up expertly - my LP12/ARO/A’geddon/rebuilt Troika last August. It’s utterly fabulous.

12 Likes

Lovely deck Graham. What finish is your plinth? 1350 AROs made I believe.

2 Likes

I LOVE your dog! He’s beautiful! I had a dog looked just him. Sadly pasted away.

1 Like

Cherry, to match the cherry LS3/5A loudspeakers.

13 Likes

I recall that this is your second LP12/ARO. Have you compared the sound of this one with the one in your main system?

Is your question addressing me ?

No Charlie. Graham

1 Like

Nice bedroom system!

2 Likes

I can’t make that comparison very easily.

The two systems in my house are four storeys apart.

One is (currently) the only source in a ‘mini’ system with a Nait 50 and Falcon LS3/5A loudspeakers.

The other LP12/ARO is one of the sources, with a CDX2 and an NAT-01 tuner, in a system with (in total) six QUAD ESL57 panels.

All that said, the smaller system does sound fantastic in its own right.

3 Likes

The Geddon is hard and expensive to beat. Took a Klimax Radikal to do it. The KRad2 which I have now is even better.

2 Likes

52 Likes

That’s an unconventional rack! I’d be worried about the vacuum cleaner hitting the NAP200.

3 Likes

Only temporary! At least there are felt pads between the stacked gear. Sacrilege, I’m aware.

2 Likes

That’s the same brand of rack I used in college!

Had a matching coffee table too.

10 Likes

Rearranged and added some more racks to accommodate more equipment.

66 Likes

Dan,
generalizing is always dangerous.
People are not jealous - I, for one, am not, so please only speak for yourself. The pleasure in knowing that you own something that’s totally unaccessible to others makes up 90% of some’s pleasure in owning. I have been long aware of that. So enjoy your system and allow mortals the benefit of good-hearted-ness.
Best,
Max

7 Likes

SN!, ND5XS, FC2x, SL, CDT6000, Motive SX2, Mofi Studiodeck+.

26 Likes