System Pics 2024

Best part it is cheap, just what appeals to me.
And it flies in the face of much that is seen here
Solid support and compliant shelves, what more do we want…

Also a good idea for shelving. I cut a 8x4 sheet of shuttering ply into four 8 foot planks, found a barrow load of bricks (would have preferred blocks similar to yours) and has proper shelving for years in a flat for my father, better than commercial purchase as shelves were just about a foot deep rather than the commercial offerings, 8 inches deep if you are lucky. I cut cardboard boxes to use as joint material.

Impressive pot plants!

1 Like

I assume you’re using a SNAXO 362 currently. Have you made a comparison with the Kudos crossover side by side? I’d be interested to know how you think they compare.

1 Like

Hi Clive
My dealer is bringing the Kudos Crossover over for me to hear it with the agreement that in the event that if I prefer Snaxo I won’t buy it. :+1:. Should be sorted shortly after the Munich show where it is being launched

3 Likes

I look forward to reading your thoughts.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the Eversolo??
Thinking of getting one…

I’ve had it for a few months, no issues and the operating system is very good. Sound was good too and was improved slightly when I added the Denafrips Ares 2 to the equation. I would buy it again knowing what I know about it now.

Got the CDX2.2 a week or two ago. Just got the 250 back from a Chris West rebuild today. It’s so fast.

26 Likes

THere is also a very reasonably priced 552DR on eBay right now. It has an old serial number, which I think is circa early 2000s without looking it up. Definitely worth a look! BTW - that is a very clean and dust free set of Fraims! It looks great.

How do you find the Sopra’s? I recently purchased a second hand set of No.1s and I absolutely love them. I added some Gaia isolation feet to them and they sound even better now.

Wishing you all the best.

ps. I think you might have purchased the G3 from me on ebay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am very very happy with the Sopra 2s. Mine were 6 months old mint and I got them for half price. Yes, the musicworks G3 is very nice thank you. What did you get instead?
I don’t have the funds right now for the 552.
Maybe soon though!

2 Likes

56 Likes

I think you might have purchased the Sopra from the same guy I got mine from and a lot of the rest of my system on ebay - Phonespk. Really nice and friendly guy. I got the no.1s from his last month and could not believe the difference they made compared to my r5 Metas. I’ll do the hoovering and post a system pic today :slight_smile:

Re the power block, I moved onto a Puritan PSM156. It has taken quite some time for it to settle in, but has now really come into its own. An impressive product, just like the G3.

btw - like you, I have built pretty much my whole system second hand on ebay. I’ve got some absolute bargains - almost new boxes and well under half the retail price. It is hard to say no to sometimes!

2 Likes

Ha! I never had thought about it, so i removed the glass pyramids and the soundstage improved!! Thank yuou!!

6 Likes

Are your Sopra 1s gloss black? I think they were mine. It’s a small world…

1 Like

They are indeed :smiley:

I am very happy and can tell they were very well looked after :+1:

That’s a manufacturer you don’t hear of very often. I remember those from my Devialet days. Nice setup you have there :+1:

Thanks. I got them with my Devialet Expert 250. I just love them. Very precise treble and transients, vocals soar and stage is great (with Naim). I’d need to spend quite a few thousand to better them. They are beautifully made. A bit of a hidden gem IMHO.

1 Like

As it’s been raining all day here, typical of UK Bank Holiday weather, I got to spend a bit of quality time listening to some tunes this afternoon, after the obligatory wet dog walks…

View from the hot seat, complete with fluffy listening companion.

40 Likes

Another immaculate looking lounge! If I could stop procrastinating and actually tidy up I could share mine…You may be waiting a while…you have a lovely dog, that is a very sweet picture. Nice speakers as well of course!

1 Like

I particularly like how you have colour matched the speakers to your slippers. That takes significant amounts of attention to detail :smiley:

5 Likes

Well spotted :wink:

2 Likes