System Pics 2024

I appreciate your advice and I don’t know why I didn’t try it sooner.

I think I was put off by others saying potentially the LP12 would sound too bassy in the corner of the room. And was wary of LP12 on top of power supply.

I don’t think either of these things are an issue and the LP12 sounds good so far on right hand stack.

I think the NDS and 52 benefit from more space and air.

Excellent, and if you are ready for that 552, a two year old one has just been advertised on one of the usual places.

2 Likes

He’s waiting for Handel water music. :blowfish:

1 Like

Give us a clue. Haven’t seen anything new come up on that front.

Savage fish

1 Like

yes, an AR-Sound GreenLink maybe. it’s a very good one.
thanks for your answer.

I ask that because, I have a Nait50, and the gain out of my dac (Arcam IrDac) is very high.
I need to attenuate it (from maybe -10dB), else the volume knob of my Nait50 is at his minimum.

but I don’t want to loose life in music.

1 Like

I got a replacement Phonitor X, but this one has a small issue :rage:. Anyway, rearrange the rack and am very happy with the sound both from headphones and speakers.
(no naim - that’s upstairs awaiting completion of a system)

18 Likes

I find that hifi shark is a good aggregator. A quick search for Naim 552 shows the one HH is no doubt referring to on the flea bay website.

1 Like

Check out PFM

1 Like

One of those albums that just sounds fabulous on vinyl…

• recent updates to the system. A Vertere redline TT-phono stage cable, power line on the NC250 and moved the music works power lead to the phono-1. Lovely.
18 Likes

Thumbs up for your arm/turntable combo: I imagine it sounds pretty good :+1:

Thanks, the arm was a real step up. I was using a FR64s before which was no slouch but the dynavector is better imo.
I thought i’d give high end mm ago, so bought a partly used iq2 and have recently bought an iq3 stylus but will wait a while before fitting it so that i can appreciate the phonitor x first.

1 Like

There may be no doubt, but no.

:heart_eyes: oh my that’s quite the view. I hope you don’t work from home, I’d never get anything done!

I sort of know what you mean about the name (and artwork to a lesser extent). I do love the cover art though.

1 Like

A bit of equipment isolation work in progress:

45 Likes

Just a quick off topic - Brendan, I noticed on one of the other threads your mains socket behind your rack. It looks like one of the ones with built in USB power sockets ? If so and the socket is being used to power your Hi-Fi kit, it might be worth replacing the socket with a decent un-switched socket.

7 Likes

Yes, I was wondering about that but felt it probably wouldn’t matter if the USB wasn’t used?
I can easily swap the socket with another one in the room that doesn’t have a USB.

2 Likes

Dedicated mains would be even better of course. With a good system like yours it’s well worth doing.

1 Like

Certainly worth swapping out as even unused, there is a cheap SMPS sat in the back of the socket assembly. As Nigel mentions, dedicated mains is really the best way to go and not very expensive in the grand scheme of things.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have integral USB charging sockets …
Numbers of reasons, albeit I’ve only looked into a few.
I’m not convinced on safety, flimsy wiring and no protection and as the USB section is powered on all the time, its a potential risk

This has been confirmed by an investigation by Electrical Safety First who found none of the 9 brands tested passed all 12 tests, some alarmingly worse than others, problem is none of the brands were named.

I hope this link is OK with @Richard.Dane

6 Likes