System Pics 2024

When I was talking earlier about the double sockets the ones they do for £32 quid are not great quality Hager units about a tenner to buy and looks like 20 quid for a sticker on a mediocre quality socket.
There is much with some that have to be taken at Caveat Emptor. :wink:
I better add IMHO.

Seen. Agreed!

I do know that companies like Russ Andrew and MCRU dismantle off-the-shelf products and swap out components for ones of differing materials / properties. Not necessarily better at making current flow, but obviously has a cost to it.

Daz

Talking of the RA stuff. This months HiFi Choice has a review of thier “Clarity Pro standard field generator” just £1500!!
Apparently it uses Coherence technology. The reviewer is effusive
“ the soundstage is definitely deeper and wider with the device. Sinatra’s vocals have a greater presence and more precise focus”
After so many nonsense reviews, my subscription is cancelled!!

6 Likes

Hi @Mikee

IMG_5153

4 Likes

Hyperbolic rubbish!!
Surprised no “inky blackness” was revealed or worst of all use of the S word…….Sublime!!

4 Likes

I live down the road from this. Now that’s a field generator! It’s where they made the Hulk.

5 Likes

I was delighted to find that MK currently offer red sockets:

5 Likes

That will upset @seakayaker !

I feel awful for “betraying” my XS3, but this recently acquired 37 year old pairing of NAC42.5 & NAP110 are sounding really excellent!! They look good too 8)

No idea what I’m going to do now, apart from listen to the rest of Rejoice by Tony Allen and Hugh Masekela :slight_smile:

40 Likes

GCHQ in Cheltenham or Apple HQ in California?

1 Like

Diamond light source at Harwell Uk

4 Likes

Haha. Proves that everyone loves a doughnut. :doughnut:

1 Like

1 Like

Close but no cigar, it’s called the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. But yes it’s all part of the Harwell lab complex & home of the Diamond Light Source.

2 Likes

I hope nobody in this esteemed community needs this sort of donut in their listening position… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Hahaha. You know they almost certainly do. Considering the demographic.

2 Likes

I know the Harwell campus well, but what on earth is that (perhaps i’m not in the right demographic…) ?

I was driving through Harwell this time last week, reminiscing about times gone past after living in Didcot back in the 60’s and 70’s, my ageing memory has fond memories of the firework displays they held up by the laboratories in the dim and distant past.

1 Like

Looks like Diamond Light Source! I have been in there a few times, and other place at RAL.

1 Like

@Mikee @Neil1906

Sublime (adjective) - of such excellence, grandeur, or beauty as to inspire great admiration or awe.

…when I listen, a lot of music does sound sublime!

Sometimes, ‘sweet’ or ‘mighty fine’…

Whatever floats your boat…

2 Likes