System Pics 2024

Welcome – I spy a Naia but your profile lists an SME12?

Can I ask, are you using the Aphelion and how do the 2 compare?

1 Like

Yeah, need to update - thank you :slight_smile:
Only had the NAIA and Aura for a few days but up to now
Absolutely amazing! I’ll post a short review in a week or so :slight_smile: and I’m using Aphelion 2 and a very steady hand!

4 Likes

Yep, I had (still have, but planning to sell) SL2s. Before that I had Epos ES12s

What a stack, does it sway at the top?

2 Likes

lol no, no sway - my hifi dealer is happy (and actually built it)
So all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you find the Kims compare to the SL2s? The Kims seem only to be stocked in the UK by a very limited number of dealers, but I have read a couple of very complimentary reviews of them.

As you noted, I was jesting, but I think I’ve read on hear that 6 is the suggested max, but if it works then great, certainly looks the biz.

1 Like

Great picture and system. Not wishing to rain on your parade, but did your dealer mention anything about the maximum Naim Fraim levels or maximum weight limit? :blush:

2 Likes

I asked and he seemed happy with the stack - It’s very stable and I guess the turntable weighs a lot less than most :grin:
Floor is solid (no movement/vibration)

1 Like

That is great. It also makes me feel more confident, as I have the same as you, except Core instead of Rega and one Fraim level less. :+1:

1 Like

I rather like them. Very natural sounding. Slightly less “singer in there room” feel because they don’t have a mid band bump on there frequency response, but much better bass. A bit more detail. Way better soundstage. And they look beautiful (the aesthetics committee at home commented that they looked nice there moment they came out of the box. I think it was because they weren’t quite as tall)

It’s been a long search for them, but I’m very pleased

4 Likes

That’s a lovely system you have. Back in the day I had a tall Fraim stack and splitting it in two was one of the biggest upgrades I ever made. A second Fraim base wouldn’t cost the earth, but it would make such a difference, as well as looking much better too.

3 Likes

Yes, these are the ones my dealer was encouraging me to upgrade too. They do sound and look lovely. Even Mrs Mike said they looked great, but then my dealer made the mistake of mentioning the price in front of her, and her jaw dropped……

1 Like

Yeah, the price is up there for a set of what look like stand mounts. But they were in the ballpark price wise (admittedly the ballpark did get a bit bigger as I looked). The Olive finish was a bit more than the stock finishes, and I was lucky enough that FinkTeam was able to find some more veneer to make them to order.

2 Likes

I recently moved from Kanta 2s to Sopra 2s and am loving what the Sopras bring. I got on really well with the Kantas and the Sopras bring more of everything I liked about them. The bass is amazing - solid and tuneful. Beautiful speakers that work really well in my system and room. The Electric Orange colour is out of this world.

88 Likes

I like the colour of the Sopras!

9 Likes

I’ve long liked the vibrant orange finish - it’s a speaker that refuses to blend into the background and pretend to be a piece of furniture

6 Likes

Golden rule of speakers and surroundings is if you can’t get an exact match, always go for the obvious mismatch. Like if the room furniture is walnut but a walnut speaker is a different shade of walnut, go for cherry, black, white etc.

Those orange Focals look great in that room.

12 Likes

Many thanks. I just love the orange.

2 Likes

Electric Orange is one of the colours that has been around since the Sopras were released. The Kantas I had were walnut and grey and also looked great in the room. But they certainly blended in more! These make much more of a statement.

1 Like