System Pics 2024

The sub is in the house. I will not destroy the esthetics and use it here, but for NOK4000,- the price was too good to not buy it. But later we will install it. Dimentions is W62, H72.5 and D55.

I use EQ to get deeper bass now. With this I do not need to EQ anymore and it will play better.
Will be used up to 50-60Hz.
Driver is a Beyma 18P1200ND.

19 Likes

Yes, indeed. Excellent quality.

I must say I like this thing of ”hiding” the electronics in another room. I would think it brings the impression of ”sound just existing in the room” kind of thing. Not a lot of boxes that ”ruins” the magic, so to say.

4 Likes

So true. There is no need to see the electronics anymore since they are controlled via an app.

In my new apartment I had a cabinet made to measure for the system. It is now hidden by a sofa. Another sofa is placed in front.

51 Likes

PS: This is another way I found to diminish the visual impact of the electronics. And even large speakers such as the Proac K6 can be made visually quite unobstrusive.

32 Likes

Hmm, to see or not to see??
I like my electronics to be a focus - but it is a small system.
old pic - but no changes
upstairs, not by window

21 Likes

Even though we dont have any crime in our area (fingers crossed) its also nice to hide the system from view from anyone walking by the front window.

1 Like

I’m old enough to know better
But young enough not to care

4 Likes

I did a system rebuild yesterday so that the move from Snaxo to Kudos SIGAO will be easy. Supercap is below the 500’s but will of course be gone soon and that level will be left empty.

Also opening up the FRAIMs allows the Burndy cables to hang better, Snaxo no longer has a big 500 P/S below it. Same with ND555 which does like a top shelf IMO.

Finally mains wise I have all components bar Phoenex Net and Krad2 (which have their own dedicated radials) on a four socket dedicated ring. I managed to keep the S1 powered up during the strip down but even with everything else needing to warm up the sound was much better straight away. Bass is better defined, a bigger soundstage and more cohesion.

71 Likes

Wow, that’s a beast of a system. Looks great too.

5 Likes

Cheers Mike. It needs a lot of time attention to set up though. Worth the effort!

2 Likes

I think it looks better in that arrangement too. I was going to ask where the S1 was, but I think I spot it still skulking in the corner!

Do you reckon you’ll be able to slide the Supercap out without removing the 500s?

2 Likes

S1 doing what it does soooo well even if it isn’t showing off visually :grinning:I will remove the ball bearings first Clive then slide the Supercap out on the glass.

Next thing ( after Sigao) that I’m going to do as have an Aluminium shelf fabricated to replace the glass below LP12. I am reliably informed the Ali is the choice over glass by the top brass at Naim but it wasn’t viable to market the FRAIM with it (weight/ expense) I’m sure that a few of you guys will be interested to know how Ali sounds!

1 Like

Wow! What a lovely system you have there!

1 Like

How does TAD sound with Naim. I am very tempting to get the TAD CE1TX as my last speaker :crazy_face:

That’s a nice stand for the electronics. I have been looking for a simple stand with three shelves myself.

Lovely system and room Debs. I just can’t help fretting about that mains arrangement. :worried:
Those multi-way plugs were never the best. How about you treat your 552/500 to a Chord M6 mains block when they come home? I’m sure they’ll thank you for it.

1 Like

Hello,

I have had Isobariks and Kans in the past (still have Kans as part of the collection). Isobariks are super fast but need minimum of NAP300. Kane are just as good as Isobaric, just no deep stuff.

Thanks!

1 Like

Well I stand corrected then. I imagine there is another large speaker that will most likely be super fast which is the highly coveted DBL.

Very, very nice. In addition, the TADs work also very well at low volume. They are very detailed as can be hinted from their ancestry. They also play the bass nicely. they are not fatiguing. I highly recommend them if you don’t want to have floor standers.

As for the CE1TX, I haven’t heard them. But both my dealer and a reviewer (I don’t remember the magazine) indicated that they preferred the ME-1 over the CE1TX and indicated that they might be a sweet spot in TADs range. Thus, I suggest that you do the comparison and decide for yourself if you can before buying.

Finally, I should mention that I have another system (555, 552, 300DR) with Proac K6. They are very different in terms of presentation with more forward mids and more amplitude in the bass, but the TADs do not have to blush. The TADs are fun and enjoyable. Very happy with this purchase.

2 Likes