System Pics 2024

Haha! Damn
G

1 Like

Nice room, like the ovators in white?

1 Like

Thanks! (To other replies as well!)
Well, it’s not the optimal colour for the room but they suite well. There weren’t much of other options when buying these used.

Welcome, what a lovely space.
I particularly like your Headphones chair. What are the Headphones we see there?
Currently shopping for a new set myself and am interested in what people are using and what their opinions are.

It’s a Denon D5000 with a partial Lawton Audio mod. I like the V-shape sound and for the amount I use those, I haven’t had need for better headphones.

1 Like

Awaiting the final piece to complete the move to NC / Active PMC.

G

41 Likes

Lovely looking system Graeme , can wait to hear .
My next system pic will be in here!!!

19 Likes

I’ll be very interested in how you get on with the Active PMCs Graeme. A very neat idea.

4 Likes

Changed a few things all at once James, so difficult to isolate observations to the active modules alone.

The whole package sounds very very convincing though. Very pleased I jumped to NC.

G

5 Likes

Nice retro style photo.

2 Likes

Thanks Graeme - it’s all looking good so enjoy your new kit :+1:

1 Like

Not so with my Klipsch Forte III’s. They are horn-loaded in the mid and treble and have 12" bass drivers with 15" ABR’s on the cabinet rears. The are super fast and articulate and have all the scale and bass ouput one could want. They also have incredible presence and immediacy. I’ve used both Kans and IBL’s in the past and both were superb, but these are something else again.

They are also 90dB efficient so very easy to drive and not nearly so critical of the driving electronics as the Linn and Naim speakers of old were, where one needed to invest very heavily here to obtain good results.

17 Likes

@GraemeH
Now I get it. Congrats…
R

1 Like

17 Likes

A mini S1?

7 Likes

It’s an Asus usb DVD usually connected to the mini PC (left) running Lyrion Music Server which sees the Mu-so as a chromecast/upnp endpoint. The Muso can then play audio CDs (without the need for a clunky big CD player) with track info and metadata. Works a charm. :sunglasses::blush:
See What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested? - #19990 by castalla

3 Likes

Thanks.
It was a little joke from me. The Statement S1 looks like this, so like a tall Muso.

15 Likes

Not as much as I should, Pete. I may have to let it go at some point and that’s going to be a sad day.

2 Likes

Because they look similar Get this Statement S1 and pay only Muso price

2 Likes

I hope you’ve taken that carpet with you. It has cult status now.

1 Like