System Pics 2024

Surely you don’t need it either. If you buy a CD, you’ll rip it and stream it through the ND555 anyway. Why would you want to play the physical CD? Nostalgia? I recall Dark Bear on here compared his CD555 with ND555 at some length before swapping to the streamer.

2 Likes

Thanks Dan, it is very exciting. I won’t have all the funds until pay day at the end of the month, so I am just waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if they will keep hold of it for me until then. I’ve been very lucky on the second hand market so most of my boxes start with a 4 or 5 serial number. The only one that does not is my SCDR so I have decided to send it off for a well deserved service before the 500 arrives (assuming they hold it for me).

I would love a pair of the No.2s but I don’t think I would get away with it…I’ll keep my eye on a pair of Diablo Utopia at some point in the far future when I have some money again…

1 Like

I don’t want or need it. Reason would be nostalgia and more boxes. Lol. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One step at a time my friend. Be interesting how the 500DR sounds with the Sopra 1s.

1 Like

I’ll be happy to share my thoughts :+1: Before I got the No.1s I found a video on YouTube of the Focal stand of what I assume was a trade show in the US. They had a pair of No.1s driven by a full statement system!

1 Like

New (to me) NDS & 555 PS sounding lovely. Will have to wait for Monday for the help to arrive, extricate the XP5 XS and remove the transit screws on the NDS…

20 Likes

Now this is a serious desk setup. Optimized for gaming I assume?

1 Like

Asumming you have space for a rack you should be okay. If the 26 visually sominate the room, you can always bump them down to 23s.

I moved into a place that was space constrained for about 3 years. I found proper shoe box separates on a smaller footprint midi sized hifi rack was just the ticket. While the Muso is great, it’s not a replacement for serious listening and a real hifi. I have a couple of them. I sort of consider them to be “the best sounding clock radio on the market” :joy:

1 Like

Just to throw a spanner in the mix
Ever thought of putting your LP12 on a wall shelf?
I can jump up and down in front of mine, with no movement from turntable,
I know my rega is not in the same league as your LP12,

Do you like heavy metal :wink:

For some beings it’s essential.

2 Likes

Looks great, and I would like mine to be subtle also what did you have your settings at to achieve this.

1 Like

I remember you were playing organ in Metallica group, but not using your fingers but a hammer. If my memory is good. :smile:

Yes, I had contemplated that if the racking failed with the LP12. I still have a wall shelf. Wanted to see if I could make it all work on Fraim stacks.

1 Like

My modest set up (Atom&DaliMenuetSE&LinnK20). Many thanks to wonderful sharing in this forum. Cheers

55 Likes

That is a lovely system and is that a Brompton bicycle?

Yes, it is. Happy owner of Brompton for years, but only recently figure out the relationship between Brompton and Naim. They’re ideal for small apartments

4 Likes

Most will know this, but the relationship comes from Julian Vereker

5 Likes

Nice looking stands! But why have you strapped the speakers to them? Are there children or a cat around?

If you are worried about them being knocked off, I’d use earthquake pads like these:

Cost peanuts and can hold even bookcases down in M7 quakes without stripping off veneer.

3 Likes

Cool, I have no idea such thing exists