System Pics 2024

Nice setup and Nike Bicycle, which is also nearly a piece on Naim Kit. :slight_smile:
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

wasn’t aware of this but I feel inspired, and from @Ltmmm’s superb photo! :))

27 Likes

Muso qb2 Now Playing screen on Samsung tv

2 Likes

Very nice system and photo. I also started with Unity Atom and had many wonderful listening sessions with it. And there are lots of helpful tips in the forum for optimising the system, even with simple means. Welcome and enjoy the music…

1 Like

How did you achieve this?

More to the point, why would anyone want to?

3 Likes

I use LMS (LYRION Music Server) to play stream via chromecast to Muso. LMS uses material skin plugin to show the now playing screen. This can be viewed in any browser - I use the Silk browser in Fire TV to display the page on the TV.
It’s all too complicated, really, but it works :grinning:

You can also have an on screen display from Roon using the Samsung browser. Or have a nuc type PC connected to your TV and show the Roon client on there. I like having that up sometimes when my sons and I are trading music choices.

Quite easy using screen mirroring on a iPad to Apple TV or using Samsung smart things to cast to a Samsung TV.

This isn’t just mirroring - you can use the fire tv remote to select menu items, eg. Change volume, select other streams, etc.

Hi @YetiZone

Just checking in…
How’s the building work getting on ?

BW
R

1 Like

Haha. I think whe i heard that album iwanted to like it but it sounded like dinkernails on a chalkboard

1 Like

I don’t have a large Mac, a Naim Atom and small desktop speakers, but I have identical glasses.

1 Like

I may be becoming an old sentimental fart, but I find it refreshing to see that name pop up sometimes. It reminds me of a time when human intelligence was not solely used to make money or make other people’s lives worse.

5 Likes

Thanks for the enquiry about the building work, we are almost ‘dust free’, but not quite!

Main building work - tick. We now have working drains, a watertight roof, a knocked through open plan kitchen & dinning room and a new kitchen - fitted just two weeks ago. Everything’s still a little austere in terms of furnishing, but everything works, which is the main thing.

My work room (main listening room) is still very much a work in progress until the school holidays are over. Also, 90% of the records and the Rega turntable are still in storage - frustrating, but it is a usable working space for now. Note, 19L Really Useful Boxes full of records stacked together make for a stable desk support!

But, the big news is all change on the system front though - I’m taking a (semi) Naim sabbatical! I’ll post in more detail in this thread when I get the chance later.

Temporary set up, firstly with vintage Monitor Audio R252s, and introduced last week, Rega RS3s…

38 Likes

Great
Reads like real progress with the home improvements.
It’s a relief when everything gets the the clean stage again, isn’t it ?
Thanks for the post and update.

Your post is also a “Systems Pic” of sorts :rofl:
10/10 for initiative, adaptability (and surviving) with music during the building work.

Good luck :+1:
R

2 Likes

Movies, Music priority.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

An earlier thread about Julian and Brompton.

4 Likes

You are interested?