System Pics 2024

the wood is beautiful

2 Likes

Congratulations on the ProAc D2R speakers. My first pair of speakers with a Naim kit was the ProAc D2D speakers and they were mighty sweet! …a beautiful room!

1 Like

Congrats on the D2R’s! I agree the ribbon tweeter is what makes ProAc’s so special. My K6 Signatures ribbon tweeter is sweet, detailed and textured. But never bright, harsh or fatiguing. I can listen for hours. Anyone considering a speaker upgrade should take the time to audition to the various ProAc’s with this tweeter as it is very special.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday CD, looks a lovely present, enjoy!

1 Like

Snap!

Installed walnut D2R’s in my system a couple of months ago. See post 1340 in the ‘New Gear’ thread.

My set-up is also installed in/on a custom designed/made walnut unit.

I stuck to my Nova as I think it sounds fine with the new speakers & I like the way it looks in the system & don’t really want to fill my rack up with more boxes. Also, I have a fairly small room & would be concerned at a larger amp overpowering it. A larger room & I would give serious consideration to the 222/250. At present I am prepared to wait & see if Naim introduce a ‘SuperNova’, with upgraded streamer & pre-amp sections over the next couple of years, which would have more interest for me than the Nova PE’s large power increase, which has none for my small room.

As I said in my post, the D2R’s sound as if they could do justice to a system like yours & even higher.

I did not find them to be ‘big’ as, being concerned about the extra height over my ProAc DB1’s, I simply had custom made Atacama stands 4" shorter that my previous stands so, with both speakers having near identical footprints, the space the new ones take up is identical to the old ones & look fine in my room, unlike my demo pair on my old stands which seemed to dwarf it!

Sure you will enjoy your new speakers (& amps!). I bought mine on dealer recommendation & how they sounded on an extended home demo. I did not bother reading any reviews until after purchase & was obviously pleased to find nothing but very positive reviews that seemed to describe what I was hearing & what really attracted me to the speakers.

Oh, & enjoy your retirement!

4 Likes

Thank you - very kind words. They are amazing speakers - definitely big’ when driven by a NAP 250. The transparency and sweetness of them is incredible. The D2R Club has a new member!

5 Likes

Anticipation

29 Likes

Just need some carpet. I’m thinking something in a vibrant tartan pattern. But that might not be your thing :wink:

2 Likes

I just knew you could not resist …no a more subdued shade of grey …this time .Problem I’ve to wait 2 weeks …

1 Like

Congratulations @crispyduck on your new status (and toys). Enjoy!

I wanted to write ‘snap’ but about your furniture, not the Hi Fi. Also a big fan of Konk - great value for the quality and they are genuinely happy to tweak their furniture to the size / configuration you want. Here is one of our two ‘deconstructed’ units - I love the cantilevered shelves.

13 Likes

I thought they were a great company to work with - really helpful and responsive plus a superb final product. Love the shelves!

1 Like

So it looks like soundproofing on back wall. Right wall lots of sockets, new consumer unit dedicated for high and plank of wood inset above for turntable shelf fixing?

Looks great and excited for you with what I take is your new dedicated listening room?

2 Likes

Added the Isoacoustics Gaia isolation feet to the Sopra 2. I like the sound improvements and looks.

43 Likes

Well done @Steinwerck. Have considered these. What do they bring to your system in terms of improvements?

I’ll just pile on here. I LOVE my ProAc D2R’s as well. Congrats

Total man cave …

Thanks Dan yup more to make a quiet space in room .
Turntable wall support not arrived yet .
And absorber roof "things " to arrive also .
Set up to get spacings for drilling floor for internet and speaker cables …before carpet goes down .

40 Likes

Me too! Fantastic speakers. They absolutely fill the room with music and their insight into the music is incredible. I played Bjork’s Debut today and I was blown away - the soundstage and detail was amazing

1 Like

That’s it!!!

1 Like

Well in all honesty it’s subtle and sometimes hard to pinpoint. But the sound seems more refined all-round. I was able to do A B test at a show and even then it was hard to pinpoint. But still worth it since it does improve. And added bonus for the looks

1 Like

Great Mini Cave next to the Man Cave too!

10 Likes