System Pics 2024

No need I’ve been bald (or shaven) for years looks so much better that a wig or even worse a combover. :grin:

4 Likes

Now that absolutely puts things into perspective… Sorry Dan

1 Like

The cap idea is good. It was my first thought. Will get used to it. Looking at 18 weeks of chemo.

2 Likes

Dan, there are no words.
I am so sorry that this is the turn things have taken for you.
Enjoy the time you have sir.

5 Likes

So very sorry to hear this Dan, I admire your courage.

4 Likes

…as requested by @Dan_M…not nearly as impressive as your set-up buddy but still sounds pretty good😉

Hopefully replacing the 2011 NDX over the next few months; and I would also love a Technics 1210G. I need a premium bond win!

28 Likes

Be BOLD be PROUD

3 Likes

I do like the TT shelf,
Better than mine, :rofl:

14 Likes

Looks pretty damned good to me. Lovely set up @Sinewave

2 Likes

The cancer diagnosis has been about 18 months now and I have had 30 sessions of counselling with psychologist and counsellor. The sessions ended in July. I don’t feel I need any more counselling right now.

Maybe that will change. I really don’t know just yet. I am doing okay but the latest news is big blow to my hopes and trying to stay positive with such news is tough.

I will plough through and keep going strong! Cancer is a mental battle.

26 Likes

Well you are amongst friends within a safe space here to offload when you need to…

4 Likes

Dear Dan,

I’m so sorry to hear your news.

There’s really nothing helpful that I can say, except that you are an exmple to us all of humanity, bravery, kindness and consideration. You have recognised some of the really important things in life, including respect, family and music - and we would all do well to keep them in mind.

I’ve always thought that a bald head can look really sexy, although rather moreso on a young woman, than an old bloke, but I’m sure that you can rock that look anyway!

I wish you the best of luck and the continued support of your chums here.

Best wishes,

Brian D.

16 Likes

My system currently, from 282/250 to 332/350 late last year. Incredibly pleased with it to say the least.

Next decision, which will be a hard one probably, is whether to change my source to the matching 333.

Then probably another speaker build, just because it’s too much fun :slightly_smiling_face:

44 Likes

That looks amazing!

2 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:

That gets my seal of approval :smile:

1 Like

It looks glorious! Very very sleek and bet it sounds amazing!

2 Likes

ND5XS2 is very good into nDAC. I have ND5XS2 into NDS (used as DAC) 555PS.

Maybe 333 then you can decide if you need to add a 300NPX?

As it is it looks very good and symmetrical which works well.

The 333 with power supply will sound better ultimately.

5 Likes

Absolutely no words… I’m so so sorry to read this @Dan_M

Take care

2 Likes

Awful news @Dan_M . So sorry to hear that. I was moaning to my wife the other day about how my pile of equipment looked awful and was bugging me. I’ve got a session booked to hear a Nova next week with a thought to maybe downsize. I now think what a load of cobblers. Just enjoy what I spent so long building up. My sincerest best wishes anyway.

8 Likes