System Pics 2024

55 Likes

Now that’s a gorgous looking stand, may I ask what the brand is please?

2 Likes

I am sorry that I am not technically proficient in adding text to the photos lol , it’s home made by myself

14 Likes

I don’t think you need to apologise for not being able to add text to photos if you can build such a fine looking piece of furniture! Looks like a very nicely made thing.

6 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, it replaces the cabinet shown in my avatar, a closed box design that is no good for heat or cable dressing and awful for cleaning lol

3 Likes

I got into wood working during lockdown and whilst I managed to make a couple of very respectable coffee tables, they were nothing as well finished as this. It definitely looks like it has been purchased from a retailer :+1:

2 Likes

50 Likes

Lovely

1 Like

Is this your dedicated listening room now complete? I would love to see a few more pictures of the whole room if you don’t mind sharing. Very jealous!

1 Like

Nice….like the Fleetwood Mac signed cover.

3 Likes

Agreed… :+1:
Would be nice to see a few more images of the completed room, (if at all possible).
As an example, noticed acoustic panels appearing on the ceiling in this last image.
Bass traps in the corners too.

All interesting stuff.

Thanks that was a quick pic, did not realise my phone camera is so poor .
Room nearly there just more wall stuff…
Will add some better pictures.
And turntable wall support still not arrived at my Naim dealer …sadly
D.

3 Likes

An evening pic last night after a day of setup ,sorry for poor resolution.

62 Likes

Wow, looks great and I’m impressed at the level of effort you have gone to. It must have taken a lot of planning and consideration. I particularly like the retro colour of the window blind and ceiling absorbers :+1: It looks very 1960s and cool.

3 Likes

Yes, agreed @What_Are_You_To_Me the window treatment is a thoughtful touch. Amongst other interesting things in view…
@Keltik is that a simple blind or maybe a custom size acoustic panel, made to fit the window aperture, etc ?

A lot of thought gone into that room. Bravo :+1:

Lovely. I like how you’ve deconstructed the tartan with half on the floor and half on the ceiling. An inspired choice. :smiley:

But was it subconscious?

1 Like

The window panel is kingspan for its strength and insulation properties lined with cloud 9 cumulus underlay covered with the same acoustic cloth as ceiling panels .
To hopefully give superior insulation through evenings night and winter.
I have not installed a radiator in the room …yet …I’ll suck it and see. The kit gives off low level heat and a fish tank will also run at 20 degs . I need to see how effective the insulation has all worked .

5 Likes

Have you tried the system with the speakers away from the back wall?

1 Like

System
Akurate ( as was) spec LP12
Akurate DSM3 Utopik
Uphorik Phono Stage
Naim CD2
NDX1 digital into DSM
Naim NS01 server
linn Klimax Keltik xovers
Naim NC250 x4

30 Likes

22 Likes