System Pics 2024

Broomy, I’ve always been a B&W man since my first set of DM4’s bought new in 1980. Suits my mainly jazz, blues and world musical choices and I think they work well with Naim. I did audition a whole load of other speakers before settling on the 803’s, but none of them really floated my boat. In a very happy place now. The CD555 is a really remarkable piece of kit. I suspect it would survive a bomb blast.

3 Likes

You may want to consider air humidity when room temperatures get low though.

1 Like

You must be a very patient man to get a double Fraim to fit exactly in that alcove. How you managed to get all the cabling done I don’t know. Fair play!!! I would have lost my temper and given up :rofl:

3 Likes

I did several times don’t worry. Just when you think you are sorted a ball bearing rolls out somewhere and the swearing starts. Not sure the purists would approve of my cable dressing, but life is too short.

2 Likes

Looks a bit like one of those roadside cabinets you see BT engineers working on

12 Likes

:joy:

Looks as good if not better than mine Nic :face_with_peeking_eye: :wink:

Simple and beautiful, like it

1 Like

With properties of that era they started experimenting with cavity walls. This would be a 4 inch external wall and then cavity and then would use wall ties to internal wall, which would be a solid 9 inch wall. This creates a 15 inch wall with cavity.

I am not saying that’s what you have. But when drilling holes through it is certainly a job and a half!

2 Likes

Try cutting through one this thick comprised of random limestone and sandstone rubble.

5 Likes

The ball bearing rolling out and collapsing the glass shelf is the best way to see me very angry (and I am usually a very calm and collected person). Only to be bettered by not being able to get a Burndy cable to line up :joy:

1 Like

Now that is a serious wall

1 Like

Well you certainly go back with this company, I had a pair of CDM7s many years ago but my Arcam at the time just didn’t get the best out of them. Like you, I have been with one speaker company ever since in PMC so completely understand what you are saying. Bomb Blast survival - agreed! :grinning:

So, the internet has gone down on your road :joy:.

ATB, J

1 Like

Amp and speaker

56 Likes

My refurbished Linn Isobarik stands ready for system rebuild

21 Likes

Nice, did you get them re-painted / re-finished again ?

1 Like

Yes shot blasted and recoated in satin .
Really pleased.
Then elbow grease on the interface cylinders etc Autosol…great stuff for fuses etc too.

6 Likes

Very Arty!

2 Likes

I thought it had a bit of a late eighties look!

2 Likes