System Pics 2024

Well hidden!

G

3 Likes

Having moved on from a 7 box 500/300 set for several weeks now I thought I’d share a few thoughts. Whilst the value of 500/300 was dropping, the NC is only going in the opposite direction, so it was partly a longer term investment gamble. First things first, this cost me no money. My wonderful dealer arranged everything from pick up and sale of the old kit, to install of the new. It sold well and covered the cost of the new kit, including the PMC amp modules. So, that’s a 332:300, 333 & Active …

Hope new kits able to keep Investment vs Sound pleasure ratio :wink:

1 Like

So far, so good.

G

2 Likes

Made a few changes over the past months, made new racks (bamboo) for the boxes and also made yet another pair of speaker stands (wanted to try something more furniture like).

Other changes are the Puritan PSM156 with ultimate power chord that I had intended to try last year … until I bought the new boxes :slightly_smiling_face: Also another Puritan Ultimate on the streamer (Powerlines on the other boxes) and an EE1.

All sounding rather lovely :slightly_smiling_face:

48 Likes

Have some good memories about the Linn Keltik, seems you have a pair with modified bass drivers? At least these seem different than what I recall …

The bass drivers are Falcon B139s .All 4 were drivers replaced .

1 Like

A few upgrades. CD555 replaces my venerable CDS3. Fitted with one of the last remaining lasers so hopefully should give a good few years of service. Not hard to see why this was the pinnacle of Naim’s CD players. Incredible detail. Also now full Fraim racking. Sitting back and enjoying the music

86 Likes

Nice room. Love the paint scheme.

3 Likes

Great set up!

1 Like

That is a gorgeous room and set up @Nic.

1 Like

Wonderful room and great set up. Fantastic system with nice high ceiling. Victorian build probably and room fairly square. Solid 9 inch walls. Love the decor. Turntable shelf with space for Radikal looks great too. Epic system!

2 Likes

That a lovely system @Mark63 I aspire to. I like the neat racking. How do you cope with connections and heat at the back i.e. is it open or are holes opened up for cables

1 Like

Elegant and functional, the speakers’ stands are just perfect furniture-wise. I wouldn’t touch much… Looks like something that easily disappears into listening…

1 Like

It is a first floor drawing Dan so room full width 21’x15’ ceilings 9’4”. External walls actually 15” which gives me quite a bit of leeway with my very long term neighbours, who have never complained in over 20 years.

Thanks for the kind comments about the decor guys. It was Covid lockdown that finally forced me into doing some decorating.!

5 Likes

I did the same, replacing my CDS3 with a CD555 sending it off to Naim for a full service, I don’t recall the mech being changed, I know they are keen to not meddle unless necessary. I loved both players but the build quality of the CD555 is something very special, it just screams quality, I could never have owned this new so just pleased to own and adding the second CDP555 improved things further. How do you find the B&W’s ? I have always been a PMC man but those speakers are just so stylish.

3 Likes

Fantastic. With walls like that that probably have a small cavity they won’t hear anything.

I like the full Fraim and the CD555. I hooe it gives you many years of enjoyment!

The speakers befit his room with the victorian feel and stylish B & Ws.

Morning light after hooking up the Hicap to my Supernait 1/Tablette Anniversary setup in the bedroom. Overkill perhaps but enjoying the improvement.

51 Likes

Definitely no cavity Dan (1906) and I’ve heard the cursing of workmen installing cooker hood vents and boiler flues!

1 Like