System Pics 2024

Just as well it was just speakers under the bed!

5 Likes

Clearly you are an open book to her. You need to devise a strategy where this aspect will work to your advantage. :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear, was the warranty valid?:thinking:

No, and the distributor didn’t have anyone that could repair this brand so I had to find a company myself that could repair it. Lesson done :slight_smile: That’s part of my dedication to Naim. Always in safe hands. Comes at a cost of course.

1 Like

Sad to hear. No idea if it’s still like that with Line Magnetic, every distributor should be able to help if nothing else with references to where to turn. Guess you didn’t buy it through a dealer because then it would have been very bad if he hadn’t helped you get it repaired.

So… Bizarrely!!! She seems pretty happy with the change as it exposes the natural brick work more (which we decided to keep rather than plastering over when redecorating given it’s so quirky/different) and the speakers are tucked away more.

I’ve got the stack up and wired a new extension block. I now need to go down into the basement to rewire the ethernet cables to the other side of the room so I can move the router. That will allow me to move the right speaker over equidistantly. I’ll report back with part two of this Xmas special once it’s up and running. I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be a significant improvement in sound :+1:

35 Likes

Nice. The beams through the brickwork…
We only have brick - no stereo though!

8 Likes

Where is the system @steviebee?

Put in a second WC and then you could achieve Stereo😉

8 Likes

Living room…

Old pics!

33 Likes

Horn speakers! Pointing upward.

4 Likes

That rack looks most impressive Stevie👍🏼

2 Likes

Have to say, all those ‘green logos’ look great in that rack. :+1:

2 Likes

Nice! :+1:

Thanks! I would much prefer two Fraims, but space just rules that out - unless we had a major room refit, which my wife shies from (she’s probably right, usually is), although she would certainly agree to a major culling of my record collection.

2 Likes

Wives generally don’t understand record collections.
Always regard them as untidy and better off out of site.
Mrs Q is quite happy with mine as it isn’t in any room she generally occupies😂

1 Like

Like it :+1:

2 Likes

Finally, a system picture I’m proud of! As predicted, it sounds like a completely different system with more space in the new location. This is the first time I’ve been really ‘wowed’ by my system. Just goes to show how important speaker placement is.

From top to bottom:
NAC252
NDX2
NAP300DR
NAP300PS
SuperCap DR

Sarum T Din interconnect
Sarum T speaker cable

I’ve clearly got some cable dressing to improve on but I’ve had enough for one day! After waiting so long to get Sarum T cable in the length I needed, I no longer need it so long… Oh well, sounds ace!

36 Likes

And with a bit of colour back in the room :innocent:

15 Likes

I wouldn’t coil the speaker cables around the speakers. Use small cable ties and have them more like this:

14 Likes