System Pics 2024

Can’t resist….
And?

Drum roll ( for effect)
The results are ….

3 Likes

From the pictures I see posted by forum members, the 555 looks like a beast of a player. I mean that in the greatest respect!
Never heard or seen one in the flesh. Would you say it’s quite possible that the 555 is one of Naim’s finest moments?
(I don’t want start a forum members war with the above statement! :thinking: :joy: :grimacing:)

:rofl: I like it!

1 Like

Wow!
I wish I had that much space. Looks incredible :+1:
If I had that much space, maybe I would have 3 different CD :cd: players just because and to compare (nerd mode on!)

3 Likes

All the very best to you Pete. Do not give up the fight or hope. I have so far survived Pancreatic cancer, Prostate cancer and now Bowel cancer over the last 22 years. It can be done.

Steve

13 Likes

@Pete_the_painter Hi Pete, Take good care buddy … you will be alright !!

2 Likes

Hello,

Last place: Linn Klimax DS (without space optimisation) streaming from Qobuz
3rd place: AR CD3 Mk2 solo (with Chord Chrysalis cable)
Joint 2nd place: Core, NDAC, XPS2DR and Linn Klimax DS streaming from WAV files ripped on Naim Core
1st place: AR CD3 Mk2 (as a transport), NDAC, XPS2DR

Powerlines and hi-lines on Naim gear, Powerline-lite on Linn and AR, all Naim on one 32amp dedicated audio grade spur and ground. AR and Linn on separate dedicated audio grade spur.

PS: Naim NAT01 and Phonosophie, Aro, P3 PowerSupply and Prefix/Supercap are better than the digital combos IMHO, just for pure naturalness, but digital is very good, but I’m still massively analogue (even ECM recordings pressed on Vinyl and the same thing on any digital source, vinyl always wins)

(nerd mode off)

7 Likes

That must be quite satisfying…
That a CDT can still be the preferred option.

2 Likes

Looks great @Devraj. When you get the CD555 and power supllies you’ll need a 4th stack! :rofl:

I like 3 stack Fraim set up. As you know that’s what I have too.

1 Like

Well for me MrDom it was definitely one of Naim’s finest moments , it’s a wonderful product.

Mine has gone to a great home with a new laser a couple of years ago, I’ll be first in line if they ever want to sell :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

:+1:

My first picture post, pre and amp power supplies are hidden away.

64 Likes

Very nice and tidy :+1:
Lovely system too.

1 Like

Wife takes credit for the tidiness :smile:

1 Like

Lucky bugger, ‘her in doors’ is scared stiff of going anywhere near my hifi! :rofl:

CD555 - Currently own, now powering with 2 CDP555s, build quality is a big step up, adding the additional power supply has taken things to was is probably the limit of CD playback. Very natural sounding player, has more presence than the CDS3, extracts more detail without being analytical, has more dynamic impact. Player just exudes quality.
CDS3 - Big step up from CD5, powered with an XPS Olive, then XPS2 and eventually CDP555, more relaxed sounding than the CD5, I did find the player a little noisy when up close whilst playing, I blame this on the lid design.
CD5 - Beat every other brand (Arcam, Linn, Musical Fidelity) CD players I auditioned when purchasing in late 90s, built like a tank, never played up in nearly 15 yrs, traded in against CDS3. Flatcap 2 and later Hi Cap took the CD5 to another level, loved the fact you could essentially upgrade by adding these power supplies.

3 Likes

That’s a really nice solution, not a cable in sight, love it :+1: … but how on earth do you connect up the cables and where are the power supplies?!

Currently listening to Pantera Cowboys from Hell on LP12.

Not for the faint hearted.

Thank you so much for all your support with my Naim and Cancer journey.

I am winning on all counts as far as I am concerned.

Love to you all!

Dan
Xxx

76 Likes

That’s a studded wall that I put in to create a space for the boxes and seperate the kitchen area, so the power supplies sit under the kitchen units behind that wall and cables run straight up.HDX will go to make way for a PSU eventually.

4 Likes

Looks rather special Dan, nice room.

2 Likes