System Pics 2024

A gorgeous set-up, nicely put together.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

My wonderful little friend, the Atom driving my new Audiovector R3 Arreté like a dream. Impressive! I can easily live with it until the upcoming upgrade.

44 Likes

Love the way you sneaked some After Eight mints into the first shot. Class! System looks the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Different kind of After Eight. :grinning:

6 Likes

I’m interested to know how you came to choose the Arrete R3’s with the Naim Uniti Atom?

1 Like

I didn’t. I paired the Atom with a couple of QR3. Then I couldn’t say no to a set of one year old R3s Now I’m out of money, but soon it will be replaced with something more suitable. :grinning:

7 Likes

Wow that’s a speaker step-up! I’m sure the Atom does a fine job but going up the streamer/amp ladder will bring some major rewards. Something to lick your lips over!

4 Likes

Even more classy :+1:

2 Likes

Second system time, all is recycled from upgrading my main system except the allaes which were bought for s second system, but not this one. All was bought used or ex dem except the hicap and Fraim bits and nothing is DR and certainly not the 250. Nothing has been serviced but it all sounds very enjoyable, though being in an apartment I don’t ask it to play at symphonic or rock concert levels. Today I brought the top fraim shelf, having given up for now the plan to use it to try a second ps on my ND555, which seems to spend more time in Salisbury than in my system. I find the full Fraim shelf really makes the CDX2, more so than a 555ps.

52 Likes

Yes!! Way to go!

I tend to keep my second system to a low box count as servicing costs have got a bit scary in recent years…. Atom / ATC11’s works a treat and nice and discrete compared to a full fraim multi box system.

1 Like

Were I to move the 282/Hi/250 on I’d be looking at something with valves for a second system that’s never on long enough for Naim boxes to warm up properly but it’s simpler to keep what I have.

My new 222/250 and D2R’s looking lovely in autumn sunshine. Sound even better

48 Likes

You absolutely CAN’T take your eyes off a 2 year old grandson for a moment.
I was cleaning up after cooking breakfast and the other 3 adults let him loose in the media room🤦🏻‍♂️
Needless to say, I don’t blame George…:roll_eyes:

The drivers were going to be replace next year any way. Seems like that is now going to be this year…:man_shrugging:t2:

PS. I shall be talking to Graham next week about a pair of PMC Prodigy 1’s to demo. I was looking for a good reason to try them on Mrs Q’s system, seems like I’ve found one🫣

10 Likes

Oh no. You could try the hoover tick to suck them back out.

3 Likes

They’re very old, close to 30 years. At least 2 of them have torn🤦🏻‍♂️

:person_facepalming:t3: I’ve managed to avoid that kind of thing so far. No grandkids yet to test the theory though.

1 Like

Ouch. Something about sympathy, perspective, but mostly commiserations, no-one wants to see speakers like that regardless of the cause.

Have a dented SX3 pic - hopefully old drivers can be replaced easily enough? Are they useable? Or you’re not risking it?

3 Likes

I think you’ll like the prodigy 1, I was so close to buying them as they are a fun little box.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear Pete. Hope all goes well with your treatment.

1 Like