System Pics 2024

Are the three adults who let him into the room volunteering to pay for new drivers/speakers?

1 Like

No kit changes, but I moved the P10 to the left stack a while back to provide space above the 552; a worthwhile sonic improvement, once I got over the lack of symmetry! I also rotated the rug through 90 degrees, allowing me to move the speakers a little closer together.

Cheers,

Ian

65 Likes

One of them was Mrs Q and my son was the other supervisory adult.
The pair of them are worse than useless🙄

6 Likes

No, they will go to have their drivers replaced next week. I am going to test the Prodigy One’s as we have been discussing replacements for some time🤔

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me some 20yrs ago and a pair of Ruark Talisman 2 speakers. My young nephew did the doing but was supervised by his father (my brother) and his grandma (my mum). Neither of them noticed him doing it. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Loved their sound from the Nait 50, thinking it will be interesting to hear them on the 202/200 system.
Problem is convincing Mrs Q that ‘Black’ speakers are aesthetically acceptable in the room. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Beautiful setup Ian, I also love the choice of room colours, very warm and inviting.

2 Likes

Looks fantastic. Also nice to see another two tone Fraim user :grin: I have very similar colours and it works well in my opinion.

2 Likes

They ars only tiddlers and don’t need massive stands as very light.

1 Like

I’ll raise you your Ruarks, and see you a Neat MF7, knocked over onto its side whilst I was out of the room making coffee for everyone.

My mate, seeing his three year old daughter disappearing behind my left-hand speaker, panicked, rushed over to recapture her, and managed to shoulder it aside, toppling it over … … … no mean feat, as they weren’t exactly lightweight, and I doubt whether his wee girl would have made much impression anyway.

No harm done, as the excellent Bob Surgeoner at Neat was more than happy to repair the dented veneer at cost, so it all ended well.

3 Likes

Commiserations, been there. Proac 1SC tweeter pushed in by my then toddler daughter.

Very easy to replace, although the new one never looked quite the same. Something about her eyes.

G

15 Likes

Our son pushed in a tweeter on my Tannoy R2s once - fabric dome. Fortunately the hoover trick worked. More recently a niece of ours knocked over one of my Tannoy Revolution Signatures - an almighty bang (carpet over concrete) but fortunately no damage done. It only just missed the main electronics stack! Fortunately it wasn’t the Piegas, more valuable, all metal, heavier and considerably taller - it would have hit the electronics including the XS3 I’d only bought a month before…

New ‘system’. I just purchased this Loewe Klang subwoofer on eBay. It is actually a 2.1 ‘system’ as it has 2 stereo amplification channels built-in for external speakers - in this case Piegas.

Indeed the whole set-up is a 3.1 with the TV acting as a centre speaker - this is selected within the TV menu. I’m actually impressed - incredibly easy to set up and use - a full suite of adjustments underneath and built-in high pass filtering for the stereo speakers. It’s made adding ‘good sound’ to this TV so much easier than the previous Arcam Solo AVR - no HDMI handshake issues or selecting inputs etc - just turn the TV on and a few seconds later (signal sense) the subwoofer and speakers turn on too.

Sounds-wise it is good - with the same speakers it’s not as good as the Arcam was but much better than a typical sound bar. The subwoofer is small but packs some power - one 6.5 inch driver with 2 passive radiators - plenty good enough for watching Peppa Pig etc😁

10 Likes

It’s not just toddlers you need to look out for. Wives can be just as risky for speakers!

2 Likes

They were Mrs Q’s speakers🙄

45 Likes

Is that a photo of Scott and Bonnington coming off the Ogre Ian?

For a second or two, I thought you kept the Arcam in your microwave…

4 Likes

That’s probably what upset it…:wink::grin: Has an intermittent fault with a DSP chip causing distortion/channel dropout - it’s a £500+ part according to Arcam

1 Like

Good job hiding the speaker cable, looks very nice

1 Like