System Pics 2024

Nice. Love the room colour scheme :+1:

1 Like

Fabric covers and O rings gone long ago.
The door to the conservatory should have been shut and his Dad and Grandmother were supposed to be the responsible adults @Yeti :man_shrugging:t2:

I’m not sure that the words “responsible” and “adult” ever belong in the same sentence :thinking:

5 Likes

Solid Sounds bespoke design

UK based in Leeds

Nice setup and wonderful Neat speakers!

I have my eyes on demo at my dealer. Would you consider them tricky on the positioning?

Not at all! Even though I haven’t moved them much since I felt they got in place with the first setup. Last week I changed them to have more toe-in and now testing whether it’s good or not. Later I might test them closer to the back wall, which is covered with those Fibrotech panels and 40mm acoustic wool in-between wall and panel.

I did place them approx 80-85cm from side walls.

Ah, clever! :+1:

Glad to hear.
I did notice the nice wall on the back… :slight_smile:
Don’t hesitate to share your experience with the toe in later on. I would like to hear.

I have no other room option then to put my speaker on each side of a couch. Bringing them little over 2m apart. Doing so it’s really pushing me to the wall in front of the speaker to keep the iso triangle position. Toe in is usually a must for me.

33 Likes

Your room really suits the TV! We’ve been very pleased with ours, especially now that Loewe are up and running again and software updates are being issued.

The subwoofer and its integration to a Loewe TV depends upon the TV but there options. With an Art 40 you use the Audio Out 3.5 mil jack (not the headphone out) in the side panel out to the RCA inputs on the subwoofer. You then configure through the TV: TV and sub; TV, sub and external speakers or the same but using the TV as the centre speaker. Relative output of external speakers to TV centre is adjustable through the TV. Things like sub EQ, HPF setting (when using external speakers) sub gain etc are done on the sub. If you were to choose a higher-end Loewe TV with digital audio link (DAL) this replaces the 3.5mil - RCA connection but also enables many of the settings to be accessed through the TV itself. Hope that helps.

FYI Piega also offer a 2.1 subwoofer with built in HPF and stereo amplification for speakers - the T-micro sub.

1 Like

Interesting change - how do the SX1s compare with the Ovators? Were yours S-400s?

1 Like

Which speaker stands do you use with the Proac?

I have a pair of Proac D2R’s (brilliant speakers) and have found them to be very sensitive to position. In the end I have found that Stewart Tyler’s advice gives the best imaging and sound - enough toe in so that I can’t see the side walls of the speakers.

1 Like

Atacama SLX.
Sadly I couldn’t manage to get the HMS in Canada (at least not at reasonable price and time)
Partially filled with a mix of steel shots and sand I could bring them around 18kg each. It’s probably not as much as the HMS, but they do fall into my definition of heavy stands.

The top plate that little was too large. So I had to trim them up to the columns.

It’s not on this picture, but I added Gaia feet. Nice improvement, it was a nice surprise.

1 Like

What effect did the Gaia’s have?

Image, obvious improvement right away. I was not sure about the product but I saw a pre owned deal. I don’t regret it.

Sound precision. Not that Proac D2R are missing any, but it did help on lower frequencies.

Edit: Technically the company recommend to put a product directly between the speakers and the stand for better performance. But esthetic wise it was not an option for me.

2 Likes

Yes, mine were S-400.

I felt that I didn’t get those working on my room and the sound wasn’t what I ultimately liked. SX1’s are a bit more warmer side and they do work better there. I believe the warmer sound comes from the more pronounced middle range - but I might be wrong since I haven’t taken any measurements with these. And I don’t mind them being a lot smaller in size, also these do look better than white S-400’s.

1 Like

Not as much as Stack Audio Auva’s. :blush: ……imho
By the way, I write from experience,. Having previously owned IsoAcouctic Gaia’s and Townshend Podiums.

1 Like

Presently, these cushions are guarding just the Piano black finish on my Audio Vectors as they have no driver plugs and are known as ‘Charlie guards’ being the name of our next youngest grandson, they will soon also be referred to as ‘Jaxon guards’ as he will soon be walking. In the past, and with other speakers they have also been known as ‘Dylan guards’ ‘Joseph guards’ and ‘Olivia guards’, you get the picture. The irony is that the only person to damage any speaker is me! When i was vacuuming, and knocked a large, heavy piece of Crystal off a shelf and down the side of one of my B and W CM8 S2’s, oh well! Just goes to show how dangerous a vacuum cleaner can be in untrained hands!!

22 Likes

Just tweeked the toe-in on the LH speaker so that there was less toe-in angle and - whoah ! - immediate improvement. Better soundstage, more punch and presence. Count Basie has never sounded better - or more ‘Atomic’.

A certain magazine in shot to keep @TheKevster happy. No socks ! :sweat_smile:

46 Likes

Interesting, I currently use Townshend Podiums and would t want to be without them, that said I have never heard of Stack Audio Auva’s - did you find the a lot better the podiums?

1 Like