System Pics 2024

I picked up a mint pair of SL2’s on Sunday. A speaker that I love listening to. Set them up this yesterday passive with one 500DR driving them. last time I owned a pair I had them in a smaller room with a boom box floor. They sounded great but now? Just wow!!

45 Likes

New grilles arrived yesterday from Tom Tom. So they now look almost like brand new! I’m not going to knee jerk but if I picked up a Snaxo 242 I’m thinking what can these babies do activated? :thinking:
P.S thanks to Richard D’s set up guide which I learned a lot from last time around.

41 Likes

Sitting in front of the long wall in a 6.5 x 4m room seems to suit them perfectly

2 Likes

Asymmetric placing wrt fireplace triggering my OCD :flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

They’d be too close together. Keep taking the meds Svetty :+1::joy:

2 Likes

Move the fireplace. :rofl:

6 Likes

Looking lovely @Cohen1263 but what happened to the T808’s and the other 2 NAP 500’s?

2 Likes

We are planning a house move shortly Ian and the big system may be considered very obtrusive for viewings. So I had an agreement with my wife to drop to two full FRAIMs during that phase. These came up by chance. One pedantic owner from new. At £2.5k to include the new grilles I went for it. I’m not planning on selling the Titans just yet :grinning:but activating the SL2’s would be interesting for not too much £

7 Likes

Glad to hear it.
We are moving in 4 weeks or so but no viewings or photos till we are out. I’m very much looking forward to having a dedicated room, just not sure how to set it up. New thread incoming.

4 Likes

Good idea. I’m happy to help with any knowledge that I can personally pass on :+1:

2 Likes

System looks great @Cohen1263. I did wonder at first what you had done, but reading on it all became clear. Best of luck with the house sale. With the subfloor redone in your listening room and the separate mains for hifi I hope a fellow audiophile buys your house!

1 Like

Wow those look smart and with a Statement up them I bet they sound excellent.
My SL2s have left the building, I now run SBLs with the Sean Jacobs PAXO, I wish others could hear what these babies deliver!

4 Likes

Thanks Dan. It won’t be until the spring that we put the house on the market but these SL2’s came up so I didn’t hesitate. Funnily enough it’s accepted that Naim speakers are super quick but many find them somewhat relentless especially after lengthy listening sessions. I’m just not hearing that and that is coming off active 808’s. In a large room I think SL2’s would get lost but in this room with my sources and amps they just sing. I just have to source a 242 dialled in for them and see where that takes me.

8 Likes

Technics make a fair job of it.

1 Like

That’s a nice piece of bling

1 Like

Lovely little couple (not meaning the SL2s)!

Today I took the Credos (usually my side surrounds) to the front. Cleaned all contacts with isopropyl alcohol and set them up fairly accurately. I still like them a lot. They are not as dynamic, resolving, and powerful as the NBL, but everything is still there. I am currently running them on the NAP300 with 2x300PS and NAC252. The music flows very nicely, less at speed than with the NBL. By that I mean it is “more pleasing” where the Credo turns in terms of dynamics, that’s where the NBL really gets going! And the Credos need a lot more power than the NBL, which is why the NBL works well with less powerful ones. I always found the Credos to be good in the bass and better than the Allae

, although the latter had better resolution. It’s a shame that Naim doesn’t make speakers anymore.

30 Likes

Nice to see another Credo appreciator.

Mine suit me just fine. I know they’re not the most high end of speaker, but they do seem to deliver a most enjoyable listening experience.

3 Likes

You had before kudos titan 808 …where did they left…if so why?

I really liked Credos. Intros too, but Credos were a real sweet spot.

2 Likes