System Pics 2024

I remember a few years back at an audio show, I got to hear the YG Peaks powered by an Audionet Humboldt integrated and a Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. It was the most precise soundstage and believable overall presentation I’ve ever heard, Congrats on your YGs!

Glad you’ve swerved the sub for auditions.
Depending on budget and your fondness for the Linn previous I thought you might audition the new 119 or 150
Unless I’ve fell of the flat earth and missed it. :scream: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’ve listened to the 150’s, but had to drive a very long way to hear them in a dealer demo room.
They sounded great, but I didn’t hear the 119’s and actually organising a home demo is proving to be all but impossible @Skeptikal :man_shrugging:t2:
I’ve decided to try and find a non Linn solution for now, but they’re not totally out of the equation. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

I just love the finish on my walnut 606s when the light catches them right……

61 Likes

The latest Naim tree:

4 Likes

I remember seeing them in their Drakemire Drive factory, I think I was told they were the ‘huge’ sum of £440 a pair ?

1 Like

We recently moved and are still trying figure out what goes in each room. This is my Roksan/ATC set up and sounds good in a spare room.

Sadly a casualty today was my 8+ year Muso which had to go to a new home. More sadness it was my last piece of Naim equipment.

Will still lurk for the insights people share,

11 Likes

Like the “ home is where the record player is “. ( must be another Gill Scott Heron stance)

1 Like

@QuickSticks interesting findings re the Ministra’s at low volume considering the 300 power running through them

I had a pair but the soundstage was a bit constricted for me, when the Neat Petite 30 anniversary came along that did it for me , what a magnificent small speaker , bass not as “huge” as Ministra but for me the overall package is better :+1:

1 Like

It’s just the bottom end of the frequency range that tails off @Bevo. Probably would be less noticeable but I’m used to the Ninka’s and they simply just don’t do that.
The Ninka’s however, do not have that upper ranges covered anywhere near as well as the Ministra’s :man_shrugging:t4:

Be interesting to hear what you think of the Majistra’s - they get pretty good reviews

In fact the whole Neat range seem to come up trumps - I must admit I’m a fan having a few in their range

2 Likes

But where are the olives? :olive: :olive:

7 Likes

@Ian They were £3250 a pair when they were discontinued in 1992… I paid £500 for mine in 2002…!!!

1 Like

Given the quality of the rest of your system, I wonder if you might be better trying the Ultimatum XLS.

2 Likes

Tweeters are playing now. It’s better than without. I will get some kind if housing for the tweeter and the protection cap later.

Totally overkill with the 22kg class A amp, but it’s cool.

6 Likes

@HungryHalibut

I would agree with your comment there HH

I run the Neat XLS’s with 252/SCDR/250DR

With a 300 amp going through them the XLS’s will shine

I prefer the 252 over the 282 but each to their own

1 Like

No he needs a pair of Orkestra’s, that’s a proper Neat speaker. :grin:

2 Likes

Not as good as the Ultimatum XLS’s :crazy_face::crazy_face:

Or better still with 300 amp the Ultimatum XL6’s

But need the 252/SCDR

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Same here, they really are well built speakers!

Tim

1 Like