System Pics 2024

What, on this forum. Surely you jest?

@Dan_M Sorry to hear your sad news. Came across this quote; “If you stumble, make it part of the dance.” Sending you my best wishes and stay strong.

3 Likes

It’s a shame about the edge grain, perhaps a strip of veneer…?:wink:

2 Likes

I’m offended by the white speck on the carpet.

7 Likes

@Dan_M l can only echo the good wishes and sentiments expressed so well by so many others.

Sending you my very best wishes.

Ian

4 Likes

I can’t imagine what that is. But the gaps between the carpet tiles are really annoying me now. Must try and sort them out.

1 Like

Alan Parsons’ Tales of mystery and imagination!
:wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s alive thanks for info regarding e boards if you remember, could not find original post,
So sorry if off topic

28 Likes

Great looking analogue system.
Keeping it real. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

You said very similar last November; this is what I wrote in response.

2 Likes

@Dan_M - So sorry to hear your recent news, wishing you well and your whole attitude to life has been an inspiration. Per your pics request here’s my LP12 this sunny, cold morning playing a choice Sonny Rollins platter…

24 Likes

Hi Dan, I have been on this forum in its various incarnations since 2012 and have seen many friends come and go, for various reasons I do not contribute as much as I did in the past. However following your journey through what must be the most difficult and challenging period in your life has been a privilege to read.
I wish you all the very best and hope and pray that you get all the love and care you need in this difficult time. Enjoy your fine system, music, friends and family.

Peace and Love Graham.

17 Likes

Hi Matthew, my previous speakers were the Dynaudio Contour 30 and no I haven’t heard the Confidence 20 but have heard the 60. The Confidence 50 and 60 are a little too large for my room whereas the 30 is just about right. Therefore I wouldn’t wish to speculate and would encourage you to go and hear for yourself.

Hi Dan, I know that there aren’t any words which can make any real difference but I do send my very best wishes to you and the family. I am in awe of you and your bravery!

3 Likes

I do appreciate all that Nigel and in fact a few years ago I did have two Quadraspire racks side by side when my system included a RegaP10/Apheta,Superline/Supercap/NAT05XS/CD5XS/Flatcap 2 etc etc but was very awkward to access everything at the rear and was too close for comfort to a wall mounted radiator.

So do I Dan.

1 Like

That’s a real tough deal Dan. We’ve all been touched by cancer and it stinks. My wife survived a cancer of the fallopian tubes, and both of us lost parents to cancer. My best friend was lost to AML (leukemia) in 2019.

Every year I raise funds and cycle in our local Pedal The Cause event to support cancer research at the Siteman Cancer Center and Siteman Kids at Children’s Hospital here in St. Louis, MO.

I wish you the best for the finest quality of life your caregivers can provide as you face this.

7 Likes

Just trying to find ways to optimise your listening pleasure…

2 Likes

Thanks. Original Oil on Canvas. The artist is Kimberley Harris.

1 Like

You are a braver man than me

2 Likes