System Pics 2024

I bet Mrs GOVJ was thrilled…

3 Likes

50 year old LP12 is setup and ready to go. Aurorasound Vida Prima is waxed and lit up. Coltrane is ready to play again 61 years later. But the cable guy is missing a cable for the last leg so I have to imagine how it will sound for few days more :slight_smile:

38 Likes

Great shots. Love the Vida styling too :sunglasses:

1 Like

Congrats Quicksticks - your search for replacement speakers could serve as a template for us all on how to go about it and the important part a decent dealer can play to facilitate the process of being able to listen to them in your home with your system. Hopefully no surprises in the next few days!

Peter

2 Likes

Sure, bought smoked acrycast tinted acrylic sheets already cut to specific dimensions of the turntable and Fraim glass, 5mm thick with polished edges, total cost £70 (this included a doubling and trebling up of each cut with slightly alternate dimensions as I wasn’t sure how much clearance I would need for it to be workable in use), Tensol 12 acrylic cement £8.59 from Amazon. left a gap on the rear panel to accommodate a Phillips LED lamp but that’s just for mood lighting and sits on the back of the Fraim. Need to take care cementing the acrylic sheets with a syringe as the cement can get stringy (lots of videos on YouTube on how to cement acrylic) but can be removed (polished) using wet and dry 400-3000, finished off with black t-cut to give a final professional “look”. Not perfect but looks well made and more importantly dimensions look “right” and very stable.

19 Likes

Perhaps have a look at ‘Tielo’ on-line, as they do bespoke sized covers. Very good service IMHO, having used them for my clear LP12 cloche sized cover.

3 Likes

Beautiful system and cover for your turntable looks great!

1 Like

Beware. This is what happens when you wash a Nova at 50°.

32 Likes

Bu**ger it shrinks Nigel…….The MD Trevor on that lovely forum visit so long ago should have let on. It looks great👍

2 Likes

Yes, I’m really chuffed with it. And fortunately for me it sounds better too. It’s a win-win.

5 Likes

which mono cart are you using with it?

Very nice! :ok_hand:t2:

Good stuff! Very elegant solution. Once it’s settled in you’ll have to tell us more!

Gary

Glad it has worked well for you.

G

I bet Mrs HH is happy they are getting smaller and smaller and easier to dust off.:wink:

They’re truly lovely (as much as a bit of hifi can be).

Also. In the right light. The trim round the sides can reflect and even give a hint of Chrome Bumper.

A top bit of kit :grinning:

Why did you do that ???:crazy_face:

The pendulum is soon to swing the other side…

Do what?

Wash your Nova.

1 Like