System Pics 2024

I do the cleaning downstairs. Mrs HH does upstairs.

2 Likes

Perfect. Marital bliss.

1 Like

Didn’t you have a Nova ? Or maybe it’s just a joke :crazy_face:

Looks like your new box has arrived, demo or keep? Assuming also that your speakers are now active as well.
Once things have settled a little will you report in a bit more detail on your impressions. Might be useful for some looking to keep system size down.

Please show us your speakers.

I understand it pairs well with SL2s :wink:

He’s had two actually. The first one developed a very minor droop on the bottom front facia (a mm or two), so Naim just gave him a new one. It happened again with the second one, so they offered him yet another new Nova, but he took the credit on a new Atom HE and added power amp modules to his speakers for less money.

Bit of a gap there between Naim’s customer service in the UK and the rest of the world it seems. I’m not sure if I missed any updated on whether Naim are offering servicing and repairs in NZ and Australia?

2 Likes

You send them to the “Bush Mechanics”

everyone else will just have to google that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Obviously missed HH’s post on all of this

I think the Westan Group ( new distributor for Naim) slowly getting their act together Mike , I know they do have service centres in Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland I think it is for their current product range but that will have to be expanded to cater for the Naim range , so hopefully that happens

2 Likes

Ha, yes, otherwise there is always your mates DIY.

Guess that’s the difference between buying all your gear from the one place. I’ve never really worried about if anything went wrong I know my dealer would get it fix or sorted.

I certainly would feel more comfortable if I knew that there was Naim service in Aus.

Let’s just hope nothing goes wrong. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I can’t remember now Pete if it was you (brain fog or perhaps wine), but didn’t your NDX2 drop a channel…? Did you ever get that sorted? If I’m right, I seem to remember it was right at the start of the mess here in Oz……

SC

Yep, fixed quickly by my dealer and the new distributor.

Where did you put the other half?

3 Likes

If I had that much hair I’d be tempted.

1 Like

I’m only trusted with the hoover and only under close supervision.

1 Like

The fault on the first one was significantly worse than your description, which is why it was changed. There was a fault in how the various parts of the case were put together, so not only could the logo bar not attach correctly - I had three replacements bars before the Nova was ultimately swapped - but you could see the light from the volume control shining out between the top and the fascia.

I really thought the second was fine, and was looking forward to having it for many years, but sadly it was not to be. Still, it’s worked out ok, and as I’ve said a couple of times, Naim have been really helpful in resolving something that’s been going on for ages.

3 Likes

They look exactly the same as before, from the front anyway.

Presumably the balance between the HE and the Nova funded the PMC active upgrade?

I notice from the photographs that PMC appear to have adopted an automotive style multi pin connector to connect between drivers and the crossover/active module presumably laying to rest the ‘it all has to be silver soldered end-to-end’ to optimise SQ?

Well done and enjoy your new system!

ATB, J

I had a problem with one of my pmc 25.26 speakers, dealer sorted out a crossover problem…….i was surprised to see that connector being used.