System Pics 2024

It’s good old Scottish Granite RR, but the whole area is due for a makeover in the coming weeks.
Watch this space, it’s going to look fabulous😉

6 Likes

Oh yes,realistic is a perfect word for it! As well as engaging and musical to say the least.
But Clive,you must find a way to listen to a Nait 2,it’s sweet as molasses! And I preferred it to a Supernait 2,3,and the Nait 50. Crazy I know,but it just sounds so soulful to my ears.

1 Like

They look great, like they are meant to be there. The walnut looks much better than the black demo pair, and getting the black stands is sensible. Are you going to get some longer speaker cables now?

Puzzled,yes! And with the Nait 2 as well.

1 Like

Thanks. Re the light, I’ve never heard the slightest difference whether it’s on or off. I think we can worry too much about such things.

1 Like

They are 3.5m HH, they are just temporarily pulled up short until the base changes are made and I can do a better job of the cable dressing.
Pulling out the Sub cables and moving things around has left a mess, but all will be made good soon.

Ah, I see. That’s good.

For sure, it’s an over thinkers hobby. People go to such lengths with mains and power distribution then sometimes forget sources of noise that are airborne.
You have a very elegant set up there, definitely food for thought re actives

A step in the right direction, surely for smart simplicity and looks (I am guessing sounding good too). I would have tried it myself if I did not like my small Spendors too much. Well, and adding recently the Nait 50.

If I may say, to me your table now looks great and better, not overwhelmed by the Nova. Yet, from how I see it, both the HE and Lamp deserve a bit more space and one day you may decide.

The lamp’s mains cable at least, if plugged in, is prone to act as an antenna and a local noise source whether on or off.

Thought so. Thanks for explaining
Ooooo. Can’t wait to see what you do next.
Okay. Looking forward to that.

BW
R

Lovely, simple system aside, I keep admiring your lamp.

Is that the King or Queen version, Nigel ?

Mid October Sun hitting the walnut…

20 Likes

It’s the Queen. One tip if you are thinking of buying any of their lights - ring up and ask for a 20% discount. Hardly anyone calls them as most of their sales are to the trade or via the website, and they seem to like it when people call - even me.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, Nigel. That’s a very good discount. I’d have just bought via the website, so well worth knowing.

Walnut Proac Tab 10 Signatures

Situated in the Teenage room, its hard to believe this is close to £8k RRP including cables, speaker stands etc !!!

27 Likes

New room, well shed, with a new second system (no Naim😔) – both a work in progress.
Very impressed with the IAG gear - a very premium feel for terrestrial money in the hi-fi world.
And whilst far too early to call, it sounds really rather good.

9 Likes

What speaker cable are you using ?

Naim NAC A5 on both systems David

Not all LEDs are electrically noisy. Some are really bad, especially if they are ‘smart’ or dimmable, but some of the regular filament type LEDs are fine.

2 Likes