System Pics 2024

Thanks to all of you guys here being open and keeping us together. I am no native English person and really love to read this nice and warm words for Dan from all of.
All together for one man - @Dan_M, who is our man!

9 Likes

Yes, I can do separate topic. But I think in light of arguments and having best coverage to all and bringing everyone together this topic is the most looked at. Would a cancer topic be shunted out the way? I don’t know. If everyone wants me to set up separate topic then I will.

I want to bring us together.

10 Likes

I swear by mine both sonically and aesthetically :wink: ironically I don’t have one under the TT. Not yet anyway.

Really sorry to hear your news Dan.

19 Likes

I see what you are saying. However this is the first time I have seen this topic. Like I said it doesn’t give the same coverage. Unfortunately, my view is that these things get shunted and unless you are particularly interested in a topic, you won’t look at it. Looking at amount of repsonse I have just had, I don’t see any better way of getting information out.

I can set up separate topic to discuss details, but I feel in this instance, with getting my information out to the forum, and creating a connection that System Pics will mean everyone knows.

I hope that makes sense Ian. I really do think a separate topic will not be looked at. Tbh, I wouldn’t look at it.

7 Likes

I have Deleted both my Posts.

All the best to you.

4 Likes

Well, um, er, pfff. Fek.

What can I say… feature of “Spoons” from the TV Series “The Bear” seems appropriate.

Motto on the wall of a Michelin-starred restaurant:

“Every second counts”.

Good luck Dan.

2 Likes

Thanks Dan, and yes, it does :slightly_smiling_face:

One aspect of it that’s going down well here is that I’m getting the enjoyment and involvement at a lower volume than before. When I do wind it up it’s crazy :grinning:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your condition @Dan_M
Wishing you all the best!

1 Like

Yes it’s a great combination, I’ve had the nDAC for a couple of years and love it. I’m currently using it without a PS and it’s sounding very similar to when I did have the PS on it in my old system, so the 332 must be doing its stuff :slightly_smiling_face: It does mean that there’s more to come if I do decide to keep it.

The 333 is very tempting, I demoed the four box system so I know how good it sounds, but I think I will need a longer evaluation at home to really decide.

I may struggle with power supplies on the streamer/pre though due to the arrangement of the boxes, I think it’d be very hard to keep the burndys off the floor etc … although maybe that’s not so important with these as they don’t carry audio through them?

1 Like

Great to hear it’s sounding good, and particularly that the speakers are allowing the 300 series to shine!

1 Like

@Dan_M Really sorry to hear the news isn’t good. I want to say more, but cant think of the words.

1 Like

Praying for a miracle @Dan_M

Here’s the latest system pic with AQ 707. All the toroidal power supplies are on the unfiltered block and the SMPSs are on filtered blocks.

Works really well so far and the LP12 has never sounded better

33 Likes

I’m definitely not a tweaker but I read a great article about bamboo and hifi and in particular the Aptitlig chopping board. The guy made such a compelling argument that I thought that for the price I’d give it a go. For about £12 I thought worst case it will live in the kitchen. I tried it, I took it away, I put it back. It is staying. Enough said. I may paint it black at some point. :blush:

4 Likes

@Richard.Dane HI Richard. If you can pass my details onto to Dan too.

@Dan_M my weekend bike rides often go via Eastbourne. So April onwards will be around weekends lunchtime if you fancy it

1 Like

@Dan_M… So sorry to hear your news. Like many others who have posted before me I am heartened by your positive attitude. Hang in there pal…

1 Like

Yes I’m understanding more and more why Troels reckons they’re the best two way speakers he has designed.
My dealer wants to come round and listen to them, I showed him some of the build pictures and we spent quite a while talking about them before my demo.

2 Likes

Forget Superman, we have our very own Superdan!

6 Likes

Dan, as this is currently the go to thread regarding your cancer story, and as it is here where we have all responded, it seems logical to continue to discuss meeting up with the help of Richard passing on contact details where appropriate.

I am sure, due to the strength of feeling shown, we will be forgiven this one diversion from the thread title.

Personally I am tied up with full time work but if you can make the journey to Derby on a Monday or Tuesday, you would be very welcome to come and listen to my NC 200 system, or go for a pint, or both.

7 Likes

The look of the new Classic, esp the 222, is much improved by slotting it into Isoblue imho.

1 Like

Excuse the iPhone, the left-hand focus / sensor on it seems to be kaput.

G

30 Likes