System Pics 2024

So it’s one more wireless :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, Richard; much appreciated.

1 Like

Moved the system back to the living room now the damp work’s been finished. This has given me the chance to try my new Harbeth Super HL5 with the Nait 50. Sources are Thorens TD124 and Limetree Network player:

57 Likes

Would have given two likes if I could - one for a lovely system and one for an absolutely brilliant album.

3 Likes

That is good enough to be a main system for many.

Nice to see that CD transport start to appear on the forum. There are two firms that I would like to see get more Kudos Brownie points, on the forum - ProJect and ClearAudio

12 Likes

I do like the look of your Thorens, although it always reminds me of something that has an autochanger facility, it is so modernly retro.

2 Likes

@BigAl There was an auto-changer version called the TD 224 iirc.

1 Like

:scream:

13 Likes

Grundig radios usually sounded fantastic…

1 Like

It is an abomination

1 Like

Not mine I just found the pic.
Suit lazy people though. :wink:

1 Like

You mean yours doesn’t have the auto changer mod?

1 Like

I’m not good enough to change VTA on the fly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Dan_M I’m not far from you, Dan, and would be more than happy to pick you up and take you to visit Naim whenever that may be.

@Richard.Dane Happy for you to pass my email on to Dan.

Thanks

4 Likes

In 2024 my main system is Naim free!
2023.11_Broad Ripple_17479
2023.11_Broad Ripple_17487

28 Likes

Looks like you added a Shunyata Everest! Nice system!

1 Like

A repurposing of my hi-fi in 2024 with the emphasis more on headphone listening with an Atom HE.
I’m sure Bryan Cranston would approve!

27 Likes

If you switch them around people will think you own a Uniti Star.

6 Likes

Nice catch. That was actually a very interesting demo. Dealer sent me home with over $100k worth of Shunyata and Nordost, all the way up to the Valhalla line. From the Everest I didn’t hear that much improvement over my Hydra, but I did love the newest V2 generation of Sigma power cables and bought a set.

3 Likes

Very interesting triptych. I don’t doubt the quality of modern nait. It will be able to easily handle an excellent quality signal offered by the Thorens. On the contrary, I have always believed that managing important Harbeths required more power to drive them better. I would be curious to know your experience and if necessary be proven wrong. Congratulations on the beauty of your hifi system. Henry

1 Like