System Pics 2024

Absolutely brilliant and very well played.
Respect. :scream: :rofl: :+1:t2:

9 Likes

Do you mind, no veneer in here, that’s solid Oak.

DG…

4 Likes

Accuracy from a gunner? Whatever next? (From a Sapper) :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Still a wee bit off though…:rofl:

15 Likes

That was the before picture.

The structural engineer is coming Monday to make sure that all is on the level and square.

DG…

8 Likes

You’ve taken too much ribbing mate.
I don’t believe for a minute it’s not level. :+1:t2:
But it might be a bit closer to the side wall than not. :scream: :rofl:

3 Likes

Back to NACA5 (And a HiLine a couple of weeks back ) with Naim plugs at the amp end and Chord ‘Ohmic’ into the PMC’s terminals. All seems a nice material match. Again this tells me whole system synergy is critical. I’m guessing the KS-1 didn’t allow the 300 to ‘shake hands’ properly with the PMC’s.

Sounding very nice indeed. The KS-1 with PMC could be a little unnatural, edgy and sharp, which was beginning to irritate. NACA5, by contrast, is a more enveloping listen.

(Note to self. Never start wiring from the ‘speaker end. I forgot they were a mirrored pair.)

G

20 Likes

Dear DiggyGun,

I’m very glad to see that you have made significant efforts to ensure that your hifi equipment is correctly positioned according to the best OCD protocols. However, I was disappointed to note that recently, you ended a sentence wirh a preposition.

Best wishes,

Brian D.

7 Likes

If i may interject, I agree with HH the cabinet will look better centred in the gap between the side wall to the right and the loudspeaker, but then you would have to do the whole levelling thing again, oh my!!

1 Like

Check spelling in last sentence…! :wink:

3 Likes

I was always told that I must do better at skhool.

DG…

6 Likes

Yikes! Humblest apologies!

B.

1 Like

Done.

Are we all happy now, because I need to lay down in a darkened room for a few days.

DG…

25 Likes

It was just the centring of the DSM on top.
They all took it far too far.
Who started it anyway.? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:t2:
I could have lived with cabinet tight at the side to avoid any standing wave space but……

4 Likes

Hopefully a lack of precise centralisation (no laser measures were used in the setting up) won’t trigger anyone…

The Twins have settled in nicely – a nice step up over the NAP 250 which (auto-standby issues aside) was a very nice amp. The only downside so far is a return to having a very low level of transformer hum in the room – only noticeable when close to the rack but something I may look to address in the future, given the good results others seem to be having with the Puritan devices.

I look forward to seeing what Naim can do when they update the NAP500. If the 350s are anything to go by, then the 500 should be really something…

30 Likes

Humblest of apologies, I’ll rephrase;

And the angle and placement of the headphone stand is just so wrong, there’s no intersection with the edge lines of the beautifully carved solid oak wood on the unit to match the lamp’s location.

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

I am not so sensitive to be offended by a few degrees of level or a centimetre or 2 of off centre.
BUT
It is nice if the symmetry is bang on😊
You’ve done us engineers proud and have earned a stiff drink and a lay down in a sensory deprivation tank😉
(I have so enjoyed this bit of banter😂)

4 Likes

Might just be the angle and the shadow but………

3 Likes

Ah but I suspect it all sounds even better we equal air around the unit :flushed::joy:

3 Likes

The 350s are indeed very special. I too have the 606 speakers and love the way that they sound on the end of the 350s.

I am very impressed with the Puritan PSM156 and would strongly recommend a home trial. I cannot comment on any alternatives as I have not heard any.

2 Likes