System Pics 2024

Nice and symmetrical.

What’s the item on the second from top shelf?

DG…

2 Likes

Looks like damp creeping through above skirting board near socket. I can see efflorencence as well

2 Likes

Well spotted and we are on the case.

G

1 Like

G – forgive the interruption, but be careful with any of the damp proofing mob. Have a look at some of the vids done by Peter Ward (heritage surveyor) on YT. Things aren’t always as they seem. Perils of an older-built house :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks - i’ve been following your postings on the PSM156. Looks to be a good solution without the usual downsides and i’ll be interested how you find it longer term.

@DiggyGun Phew ! - It’s just an ornament that occupies an empty shelf gap.

1 Like

Thanks HL, as an architect I’m fairly aware of their patter. I think it’s coming through from where the gas meter is fitted directly through the wall.

G

2 Likes

But is it the right air? :laughing:

1 Like

Target locked, FIRE

1 Like

Very nice James……so far the 350;s were the ones to catch my attention.

Hi GraemeH im a plasterer by trade and it looks like rising damp looking at your skirting boards and above. Or some penetrating damp

1 Like

Thanks. I think it’s penetrating damp from the meter box on the outside wall directly through the wall. I’m arranging a survey.

G

1 Like

A few years ago, I gave my Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 to my mother. Her cat recently started examining them up close!

20 Likes

Same as my impression when I compared ks1 to naca 5.

1 Like

It may just be the angle, but is the NACA5 putting pressure on the binding posts and forcing them to angle down a bit?

No, rock solid. It’s the ‘speaker back that’s on an incline.

G

Bet that sounds wonderful. Health to enjoy, James!

2 Likes

Ok then, if that’s the best you can do, lol.

Great news sorry for pointing it out, being a plasterer I’m always looking for potential damp problems nature of the beast I suppose

3 Likes

We all have our habits. I’m automatically spotting SBL proof walls …

3 Likes

The Nait 2 I bought used over 20 years ago has finally started having issues (static in right channel) and will need a service before I can use it again. Luckily I had a spare Nait waiting in the closet so I don’t have to be without music in my listening space.

60 Likes