System Pics 2024

FR - I believe you are developing a keen British sense of humour at last :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s a play on words.

You’ve not lost your comedy touch! We don’t have a chimney, so it’s an electric fire that can give the flames with no heat. More technology to destroy the sound quality.

4 Likes

The chord preamp, Chord Dave and Cyrus CD transport were all new last year. The mscaler and the tt2 are just squatting there until they find tla new home. It’s now easily the best sounding system I’ve ever owned so apart from speaker cable I don’t expect any changes this year. And I know, my cables need dressing properly

35 Likes

If your listening position is close to your speakers any negative impact of the room / cabin will be mitigated. Ultimately, we all have to do the best we can with the space with have available so completely understand what you are saying here.

2 Likes

Hi Chris
That’s my thinking, eliminate all possible sources of noise where practical.

1 Like

6 packs of 300 monos, 6 snaxos, 332 with 2X 300 ps, 333 with 2X 300 ps, Nd555 with 2X 555 dr, all that on 25 levels of Fraim inside the ex chimney.
Good idea Ardverg, all that to run 2 PMC bookshelves. The giant monkfish.

8 Likes

“Make it so number 1”………engage warp drive factor 8😂

1 Like

Inspired by the Japanese horn speakers built into chimneys?

3 Likes

Full Statement into the two PMC standmounts would be less likely to topple over than 25 level fraim. May even be cheaper and sound better. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Very nice setup! I miss Innuos Software, but love the simplicity of the NSC 222 and NAP 250 combo! Here is a picture of my current setup, using Dynaudio C2’s, Sonus Faber Serafino’s etc…

43 Likes

Must be an old photo Garman, no sign of the C2’s there.:man_shrugging:
I am curious on your thoughts of the Naim gear with the Dyns.

Here is my humble system: Freshly repaired SN2, recently added HiCap DR and NDX2 (finally).
TT is an AVM 2.3, blue light has no effect, but looks nice.

48 Likes

From the listening position

52 Likes

47 Likes

No Naim, No Linn no music :wink:

1 Like

Close-up 2024 :innocent:

39 Likes

So you need to see this picture… Not old, just swapped out speakers as I just got back from vacation! :wink: They sound great, I would say better than my Belles Separates and so far the best gear used with this combo or any other combo I have had!

26 Likes

Looks like the new Audio Physic Sparks as well, how do they compare with the Dynaudios & SF’s? As a long time AP Scorpio owner, I’m interested in some of their current models but don’t have much for dealer’s in my area. Codex is one that’s interesting to me, Spark looks to be a bookshelf version of the Codex (Codex chopped in half & minus an internal woofer)

:joy: