System Pics 2024

Very nice. Nice to see room treatments done effectively yet still subtle. Anyone who comes out with the whole I can’t do room treatment as it is ugly and too obtrusive should be forced to see your pics :wink:

1 Like

Actually I would love moree detail on positioning of speakers and listening position!

What a smart & relaxing looking space.
I think I’d be very hard to get out of there once ensconced😉
I hope the sound is suitably pleasurable :+1:t3:

2 Likes

My two favourite components…

the mg-1 and 52!

24 Likes

Bought used Tannoy Canterbury 15 speakers just this week and I’m over the moon with the sound. Not yet decided if I prefer the looks with or without the grilles:

77 Likes

Definitely with but ok without. It’s a win win situation

8 Likes

For me, best with grills in place…

7 Likes

Thinking about a case for my TAD ET703 tweeters I bought in January. The will be made in either 80mm massive aluminium, shot peened finish. Og maybe a combination of aluminium and massive ash. Or ash and water cut stone. Ahh, all the possibilities…

5 Likes

Did you buy them from a dealer in Germany?

They were bought used from from a private person. I had the possibility to visit the previous owner and listen to them before buying though.

3 Likes

@IIIIIIIIIIIII Greetings from Hamburg to Hamburg :grinning:

2 Likes

I vote without…very cool either way.

2 Likes

Wow! I bet they paint BIG pictures in your room knowing how well my Eatons do it :blush::+1:

What did you have before the Tannoys?

With. They look less like the spirits’ cabinet at grandma’s… :slight_smile:
Joking!

Seriously, with.

1 Like

Yes indeed the sound is BIG and effortless and colourful.

Befire I used Ovator S600, they also were capable of a large soundstage, maybe a more precise one, but the effortlessness, realism and beautiful tone of the Tannoys is very speial.

4 Likes

What I’ve also love with Tannoy :ok_hand: . There’s something unique with the dual concentric big area drivers with all energy leaving the speaker from the same point/axis. Would love to hear those speakers one day. I would need a bigger house first to own them though :slightly_smiling_face:

From Tannoy

##### Dual Concentric Driver Technology

The Dual Concentric delivers even dispersion in the horizontal and vertical planes, providing exceptional off-axis performance.

TANNOY is renowned for developing the first true point-source transducer - the Dual Concentric driver. First developed in 1947, the technology has been subject to constant evolution and refinement over successive decades, taking advantage of new materials, manufacturing methods and ongoing acoustic research. The latest iteration of this technology is found in Tannoy’s industry leading loudspeaker products across a wide range of commercial install and sound reinforcement applications, including premium in-ceiling, in wall and surface mount systems

Unlike ordinary drive units, Dual Concentric is two drivers physically merged into one. The high frequency unit is positioned on the back of the low frequency driver so that they are effectively on the same axis.

Sound energy is propagated from exactly the same point and delivered through the centre of the low frequency cone- a true point-source. The Dual Concentric delivers a spherical wave front that ensures even dispersion in the horizontal and vertical planes, providing exceptional off-axis performance.

Discrete driver speaker systems using non-coaxial sources have an inherent design flaw in that each drive unit is an acoustic source of its own. While the components are physically aligned on one axis, they are displaced in source and can only be coherent at one specific listening point. When delays are applied to compensate for driver alignment, signals can only be aligned along a narow listening plane on one axis. Even systems with ratatable horns suffer from a significant ‘suck-out’ in the crossover region, and no amount of DSP processing can correct this phenomenon. The constant directivity characteristic of the Dual Concentric overcomes such time alignment problems

3 Likes

I still remember having played And I Love Her on a pair of Tannoy (Canterburys?) at a good audio shop, via can’t remember what electronics, and having thought: This must be how they heard it back then in the studio…

2 Likes

Funny that you mention that - had the same thought of studio sound as well

2 Likes

Agreed!

With the grilles on, to me they look a little like drinks cabinets that don’t quite match the (very nice) room vibe. Grilles off and there’s no mistaking what they are and you can therefore more easily relate to their true purpose.

Just my 2p.

5 Likes

There was a lot of Tannoy in the studios back then :+1: If you crank an early AC/DC album on a big Tannoy one could swear you have a Marshall stack in your room. The tone is :raised_hands:

3 Likes