System Pics 2024

I have several early AC/DC albums… :love_you_gesture: :guitar:

8 Likes

Grills off looks better. And the same with many speakers. I normally end up with grills on as they protect the speakers and also you don’t then need to store the grills.

But nice to take them off and have a look and enjoy the different looks!

So in your case I would end up grills on.

2 Likes

Lovely speakers.

Large drivers manage something smaller drivers can’t achieve. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Blackbird,
the big dual concentric Tannoys surely are unique in several ways. Some of the marketing speech is at least incomplete, though. As the “high frequency unit is positioned on the back of the low frequency driver“ it can only be “effectively on the same axis* if you are looking at only two dimensions (horizontal and vertical). This is obviously true for most other speakers, where the tweeter is usually a little closer to the listener, but manufacturers like Vandersteen make time aligned speakers. The concentric mounting creates another problem for the tweeter, as it sees a constantly changing environment in form of the woofer diaphragm. This will lead to intermodulations not present in more conventional designs. As always a matter of balancing the inevitable compromises.

2 Likes

60 Likes

Nice. Those speaker cables look like Chord Signature XL.

2 Likes

They are indeed!

1 Like

Please tell me which power distribution node this is? Which brand?

Play „one last song“ for me… today my Uniti Atom was sold. The buyer wanted a listening test and was delighted with the performance of the small device (with careful positioning and appropriate cabling). Now I have Nait 50, ND5XS2 with Naim Dac, which are clearly better as a combination. But I’m still sad to say goodbye, because I’ve had so many great listening hours with the Atom over the last three years.

37 Likes

Have the same combination in second system:
Nait 50, nd5xs2, nDAC… soo good.
No tears necessary I think. Vodka also fine :+1::laughing:

2 Likes

Time to say goodbye to old system. New set up should be a fair bit better. Well done!

2 Likes

Beautiful speakers. This advert has always stuck in my mind after seeing it in the Hi-Fi mags when I was very young.

An itch, yet to scratch…

17 Likes

Did the metal subplatter and delrin platter make a marked difference in sound quality?

Prof. Bertola, I saw your ad online for the good old Supernait 1. I’m curious to see what the next step of your naim system will be. When will a photo of the new components?

:pray:Enrico

3 Likes

You made the best choice, i listened to the atom for many hours but the combination of NAIT50 and ND5-XS is perfect.

2 Likes

For me the subplatter was a nice improvement in sound, the delrin platter was more of an improvement in looks rather than sound.

1 Like

@Marty_SF Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the difference between the Confidence 20, and the Confidence 30? We have almost identical systems, I currently have the 20s and am considering the 30s. Any input you could share would be welcome. I don’t have the ability to go listen firsthand?

Thanks!

Matt

Prof…?
:face_with_spiral_eyes::smile:

As soon as I choose, find and buy them!
:pray:

good morning, the profile says: retired professor of musical composition. I’ll wait for his next moves… I’m an admirer of Naim integrated amplifiers, I think they’re an intelligent compromise. However, I understand the pleasure of evolving and trying the pre/final solution of the brand.

Tried to replace my Nait 5si with Neat Motives for a new Atom but could not - the set up sounds amazing. Maybe part sentiment - I got these ex demo when I had just moved to London 14 years ago almost to the date. Of course the Focal Clears and Schitt DAC are a later addition :slight_smile:

22 Likes