System Pics 2024

Good spot - I had a post on here about 2 years ago when I was auditioning different speakers and settled on the Kudos Super 20As. Very pleased with the setup, Chord RumourX speaker cable brought another dimension again - time to update my system details!

2 Likes

2022 and 23 were the years of Vinyl, I didn’t purchase any gear. I am happy with what I own and was just enjoying my music, 80 to 90 % out of my LP12.

I have listened to loads of streamers and DACs in these times. My wish was that I could get a one-box-solution (Streamer/DAC/Ripper/Hard Disc) for an affordable price with a respectable SQ. A friend of mine owns the first Auralic Altair and I have always been impressed by the delivered skills.

So I took the chance to buy a preloved Altair G1.1 for a real good price from a dealer. And here it is: I am more than happy, it does what it should in a top notch quality. I love the soundstage, the details and the flexibility of it. It‘s almost as good as my Accuphase CD player and suits really good in my system. :blush:

54 Likes

38 Likes

Impending divorce and change of residence has reduced me to the minimum level of hifi (temporarily)

Sounds wonderful

36 Likes

What I want to know is what is the tone of the Dansette like in a big room. :thinking: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Not posted whole system images for a while. Still comparing Lumin D2 to ND5XS2. Either way, I prefer my P8 over both.

52 Likes

Congrats !!! Good choice :clap:t2:

1 Like

P8 with rb3000 and AT art? ( no longer the ml)

1 Like

Looking good ! How are you finding the Mark Audio speakers ?

1 Like

That was our ‘record player’ when I grew up - my Father in law has lots of 78s so we often spend and evening spinning them up for fun - normally accompanied by a GnT

1 Like

Lovely room and love the vintage touch I have too but just wireless. :+1:t2:

15 Likes

Hi Bruss
The ML somehow got damaged :person_shrugging:, so when looking for a replacement the AT ART9xa kinda fell in to my hands at a great price, and I’ve always been a big fan of the AT33ptg so took a punt on the higher AT cart.

The tonearm is a new old stock RB2000 that a Rega dealer was selling recently. Only been mounted a few days but sounding very good.

Really good James, they have replaced PMC Twenty5 21i’s which are a superb speaker. I have been staggered by the Markaudio’s.

1 Like

Ouch re the ml. Nice to get the 2000 on though. I keep looking at the 3000 to go on my P8.

1 Like

After getting my OC9XSL it’s so good I’ve got cartridge envy for your ART9! Is it just the camera angle or is your cart running a little low at the back with just the single 2mm spacer under the arm ?

I know extra Rega spacers are frowned upon but there are other alternatives such as using individual spacers (easily available from engineering suppliers on ebay) that can be used instead and available in 1mm increments of thickness. The big advantage here is that you can swap them easily to set the VTA perfectly without having to remove the arm. Anyway, just a thought for anyone using a Rega arm.

4mm thick (inside dia 4mm outside dia 12mm)

10 Likes

It’s a good uplift in detail/micro dynamics and I also think the bass is extended.
Have a search to see if there’s any NOS RB2000’s still being sold, I have just sold the RB880 and the net cost of the upgrade was £190, bargain!

3 Likes

I think it’s just the iPhone camera that’s giving that impression. I have a 2mm spacer fitted, forget the name buts it’s no longer made, it’s a two piece spacer that slides under the arm when the screws are loosened. It comes with 0.5, 1 and 2mm spacers which can all be used together if needed.

1 Like

Why not an RP10 second hand, not much more expensive than a new RB 3000?

Purely because I don’t like the white TT. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh that’s awesome! Somewhere I have old radio too - I will try and find it, this is MY music room so anything goes in terms of what I put in here

1 Like