System Pics 2024

I haven’t had them long: I’m well pleased with them.

1 Like

PFM is your friend.

2 Likes

System looks great I’d just have split the difference and plumbed the cables round. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Some changes. 500DR just set up. Sounds great out of the box. Listening to Rolling Stones Tattoo You on vinyl.

81 Likes

You,ve been busy……very heavy boxes too. Glad you like the new amp, it will get better👍

2 Likes

No messing there Dan, well done it looks the business!

2 Likes

Yep a lucky find and from a lovely guy too.

1 Like

Cheers @HiFiman. Well happy! I have alot of experience with dismantling and reassembling my system. Lol.

2 Likes

Give it a few days to warm up then the 500 really comes on song.

1 Like

Looks superb Dan! Well done and I’m sure it sounds just as good.

1 Like

It’s sounding very big. And it looks very big! It’s early days yet. It needs to calm down a bit.

4 Likes

Hi, Dan, I’ve said before that I think that your (fantastic) system more than justifies a higher performance Dynavector cartridge. The XX2MkII is great (I had three), but the Te Kaitora Rua is so, so much better!

1 Like

Thanks @NorfolkT. I’m enjoying it so far. It’s got better control of the speakers than 135s. It sounds more direct, more bass and slam. More three dimensional. There’s alot going on. Bass is very deep. Everything has powerlines on as well now. Even have a spare one. Will try it on phonostage!

1 Like

The XX2MkII replaced a 10X5Mk2. Was a big jump up for me. The LP12 is sounding fantastic with 500DR. Saxophone sounding amazing.

3 Likes

Apologies, Dan, my enthusiasm gets the better of me sometimes.

I hope that you’re keeping as well as can be.

1 Like

No need to apologise Graham. A better cart would be lovely of course. Did you demo yours or buy blind?

So happy for you Dan. Enjoy. I’m sure you’ve read my journey with the 500DR. Hopefully your one is already run in. Will look forward to hearing your thoughts once you’ve lived with it for some time but I will say I think even a warm up on the amp will take weeks.

1 Like

I had confidence in the Dynavector ‘brand’ after owning three XX2 cartridges over ten years or so, and I took the chance (risk?) of trading up without auditioning it first. And I’m very pleased that I did - it has all the strengths of the XX2 with so much more! (And both are a perfect fit for the fixed ARO headshell geometry.)

Thierry Henry would probably call it va va voom (if anyone remembers the Renault/Nicole TV ads).

2 Likes

Love the IKEA chopping blocks!:+1:
I purchased two of them for my system, but never used them. They are now surplus to requirements, as I purchased a Fraim!:joy:

1 Like

You could always try using them in the kitchen. Radical, I know!

2 Likes