Tangerine Evenstar ups the game of the LP12!

Today I installed the Tangerine Audio Evenstar on my Stiletto/Eklipse LP12 and I really like it: more control (kontrol?), contrast (kontrast?) and blacker backgrounds! Happy now listening to R.E.M! Has anyone else tried it?

1 Like

Lots if chat about it on this thread a while ago.
In fact the date was 1st April.
Seems to have fizzled out now.

2 Likes

I have not yet heard it, but a quick search will lead you to others here discussing just this - most who have heard it seem to like it a lot.

I am entertained because pics of my LP12 with a vibration-reducing equivalent from HRS last year got some vigorous comment from those who hadnā€™t heard it. As a Stiletto owner, I am not too surprised that a TA product gets more benefit-of-the-doubt (with or without the endorsement of some leading dealers), but it must annoy any rivals.

Mind you, your comments encourage me to give the triangle a try, so thanks.

2 Likes

I canā€™t help wondering what it can do that my Herbieā€™s SuperSonic Record Stabilizer cannot at roughly 1/10 of the cost.

Who remembers the Pig.
No weight to worry about.

5 Likes

I dont know anything about this or other similar products but wouldnā€™t adding any weight place a greater demand on the motor and wear it out more quickly?
Genuine question.

2 Likes

I would be more worried about the bearing than the motor.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s only 118 grams.

1 Like

It was the standard equipment of Revolver and Rebel in the 80ies. And it worked.

I remember that deck the new Revolver Rebel II doesnā€™t have a piggy. :cry:
IMG_6395

As an engineerā€¦ no. There will be a small additional load on the bearing, vertically - but not significant, relative to the weight of the platter (9lbsā€¦?). There will also be a small addition to the inertia of the platter, but again, insignificant relative to that of the existing platter.

I wouldnā€™t worryā€¦ But ā€¦ I wonā€™t be buying oneā€¦ :expressionless:

2 Likes

I think you should try my Ultra Carbon clamp on your LP12. The bearings should handle it just fine. It only weighs a kilo. :rofl:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t even know that Revolver still existed. Presumably investors will make use of the name. Unfortunately, this one doesnā€™t have the wonderful hammer finish of the original.

1 Like

Thanks @IanRobertM
Think Iā€™ll be joined by you in the ā€˜not botheringā€™ camp.

1 Like

There is only so much Witchcraft that I can tolerateā€¦ :expressionless: :mage: :broom:

4 Likes

Ordered one. Just to hear for myself.

At least Iā€™ll know from personal experience whether itā€™s a worthwhile benefit, or not.

5 Likes

Shun Mook record clamp. Donā€™t think an Lp12 would be happy with it :grin:
Neither your wallet ( 6500 k ).

1 Like

@Josaa been using mine for a couple of weeks now following a demo @Cymbiosis

I like the focus it adds to vocals and mid tones

to be fair the better detailed you album the less itā€™s addā€™s and for me MoFI - new Roger Waters Amussed to death perfect examples, but some of my older vinyl, the more light weight yes the musical detail is uplifted

lotā€™s of comments from LP12 owners some for and some against, demo is the only true way as ever

some good reviews in press also

8 Likes

Think Iā€™d taste and try before you buy unless youā€™ve got Ā£270 in the back of your couch you donā€™t want.
That would buy some albums. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Lolā€¦more albums I donā€™t need. Have a hard enough time keeping up to listening to what I have as it is - and I donā€™t (indeed, canā€™t) play music 8 to 12 hours a day - nor want to :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes