Tangerine Evenstar ups the game of the LP12!

Today I installed the Tangerine Audio Evenstar on my Stiletto/Eklipse LP12 and I really like it: more control (kontrol?), contrast (kontrast?) and blacker backgrounds! Happy now listening to R.E.M! Has anyone else tried it?

1 Like

Lots if chat about it on this thread a while ago.
In fact the date was 1st April.
Seems to have fizzled out now.

2 Likes

I have not yet heard it, but a quick search will lead you to others here discussing just this - most who have heard it seem to like it a lot.

I am entertained because pics of my LP12 with a vibration-reducing equivalent from HRS last year got some vigorous comment from those who hadn’t heard it. As a Stiletto owner, I am not too surprised that a TA product gets more benefit-of-the-doubt (with or without the endorsement of some leading dealers), but it must annoy any rivals.

Mind you, your comments encourage me to give the triangle a try, so thanks.

2 Likes

I can’t help wondering what it can do that my Herbie’s SuperSonic Record Stabilizer cannot at roughly 1/10 of the cost.

Who remembers the Pig.
No weight to worry about.

5 Likes

I dont know anything about this or other similar products but wouldn’t adding any weight place a greater demand on the motor and wear it out more quickly?
Genuine question.

2 Likes

I would be more worried about the bearing than the motor.

2 Likes

I think it’s only 118 grams.

1 Like

It was the standard equipment of Revolver and Rebel in the 80ies. And it worked.

I remember that deck the new Revolver Rebel II doesn’t have a piggy. :cry:
IMG_6395

As an engineer… no. There will be a small additional load on the bearing, vertically - but not significant, relative to the weight of the platter (9lbs…?). There will also be a small addition to the inertia of the platter, but again, insignificant relative to that of the existing platter.

I wouldn’t worry… But … I won’t be buying one… :expressionless:

2 Likes

I think you should try my Ultra Carbon clamp on your LP12. The bearings should handle it just fine. It only weighs a kilo. :rofl:

3 Likes

I didn’t even know that Revolver still existed. Presumably investors will make use of the name. Unfortunately, this one doesn’t have the wonderful hammer finish of the original.

1 Like

Thanks @IanRobertM
Think I’ll be joined by you in the ‘not bothering’ camp.

1 Like

There is only so much Witchcraft that I can tolerate… :expressionless: :mage: :broom:

4 Likes

Ordered one. Just to hear for myself.

At least I’ll know from personal experience whether it’s a worthwhile benefit, or not.

5 Likes

Shun Mook record clamp. Don’t think an Lp12 would be happy with it :grin:
Neither your wallet ( 6500 k ).

1 Like

@Josaa been using mine for a couple of weeks now following a demo @Cymbiosis

I like the focus it adds to vocals and mid tones

to be fair the better detailed you album the less it’s add’s and for me MoFI - new Roger Waters Amussed to death perfect examples, but some of my older vinyl, the more light weight yes the musical detail is uplifted

lot’s of comments from LP12 owners some for and some against, demo is the only true way as ever

some good reviews in press also

8 Likes

Think I’d taste and try before you buy unless you’ve got £270 in the back of your couch you don’t want.
That would buy some albums. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Lol…more albums I don’t need. Have a hard enough time keeping up to listening to what I have as it is - and I don’t (indeed, can’t) play music 8 to 12 hours a day - nor want to :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes