Thank You Naim - For This Forum During Lockdown

We’re pretty lucky most restrictions have been lifted, life has returned to some kind of normality. We do feel for you guys and hope it gets better soon.

2 Likes

As a newbie I add my thanks to Naim and the forum members. Lots of important information and experiences shared continue to help me. Richard deserves a special mention for keeping this forum away from the often petty and contentious issues of the world around us and the too easy slip into forum madness that seems to affect many sites, it can’t be easy.

2 Likes

Hi Bruss, I see you are in Charante? We’re not far from you in south Vendee.

I asked Richard to re-open this. Yesterday on the WAYLT thread I mentioned the loss of a friend, and I was really touched by the number of kind supportive replies I received. There is something very special about this forum, apart from being an excellent source of knowledge about hifi and music. Yes there is occasional touchiness, especially in these trying times, but it’s largely a community of people who care and do look out for each other, which is rare and precious online. I think Richard does a great job of keeping us on the straight and narrow while always being friendly, and I’m proud to know the people here. Thanks.

12 Likes

Yes, nice part of the country and satisfyingly quiet. The only thing we miss here is a sea view.

1 Like

Yes, sorry to hear of your loss Eoink, when i read i your post i did not respond as i was a bit dumbfounded to be reading the obituary of a colleague who i had not heard had been “living” in a dementia home.
Hope you are coping, life can deal some awful cards. Best wishes
Gaz

2 Likes

Thanks Gazza, sympathy to you as well, best wishes to you too.
Eóin

Good call Eoink and sorry to hear of your loss.

1 Like

Apologies too, for not responding earlier, as, like Gazza, I’m processing the news that some friends up in Scotland have been laid low by this virus, the entire family having tested positive.

Hope things are looking up for you,

Regards,

Dave.

2 Likes

Thanks Dave, I hope your friends get through this quickly.

Cheers,
Eoin

1 Like

Yep… thankyou…I now know that Genesis is the best band in the world…ever.

1 Like

really ?

As we are still firmly in Lockdown 3 A really big thank you to NAIM

2 Likes

No… its a running joke

ah, I did wonder…

OP that’s going a bit far, it’s not a forum for one thing and the truth isn’t liked by its moderators. :roll_eyes:

Martin, that’s a very odd post. It would seem from your posts that you’re not much of a fan of the forum, and yet you are here, so obviously I’m curious. I have messaged you.

1 Like

Thanks Ian, your thanks are much appreciated here and in Salisbury.

1 Like

Thank you, it is a super forum, and whilst I have a ‘mature’ system I am giving serious thought to either a new Naim streamer or an ex-demo Uniti which will trigger a replacement unit

I have a Nova currently on trial - the Naim forum has certainly got me exploring new equipment and artists I had never heard of or forgotten

Best wishes

1 Like

We’re not in lockdown but I too appreciate this space and all it offers. I can’t think of many other manufacturer that would allow the constant comparisons and scrutiny with other products and suppliers.

2 Likes