The Best πŸ‘Œ

Lidl film coated ones

1 Like

My almost twenty year old R M Williams gardeners boots (now retired) and my new β€œsmart” R M Williams pair.

These boots are Australian icons , made from a single piece of leather , they adapt themselves to your foot and become supremely comfortable.

Originally made in the Outback now owned by a major fashion house

9 Likes

For those that like to drink loose leaf tea (escpecially white/green/oolong varieties), look no further than Yixing teapots from China. They are unglazed on the inside to allow the flavour to penetrate the clay and should only be rinsed after use (no soap/detergents). I have a collection of different teapots for each tea that I drink:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

7 Likes

You guys probably don’t get these but they’re a favourite down here especially on a steamy hot night. Available in lots of flavours.

1 Like

For those that like loose leaf black tea, I like to brew mine in a cast iron teapot:

Wishing everyone a lovely evening/day :relaxed:

3 Likes

Yep, I use these too :+1:

Chomping some right now!

12 Likes

Are the nuts one of your 5-a-dayπŸ˜ƒ

4 Likes

I have a collection of different teapots for each tea that I drink:

[/quote]

I totally get that , one of my favourite teas is Rooibos and the idea of the delicate tea going into a pot that has English Breakfast Tea is totally wrong

2 Likes

In terms of chocolate, Lindt are undoubtedly delicious and I also find that Green & Black’s Almond is to die for:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :yum:

5 Likes

Oooh, now you’re talking! I’m not so much a fan of most G&B’s chocolate but the Almond really hits the spot. Otherwise, it’s Lindt 90% dark chocolate.

5 Likes

Interesting fact. Eating a few almonds is supposed to help stop one from eating other snacks and things, like chocolate!

This is clearly a route to get over that hurdle…

6 Likes

For those looking for a general purpose head torch, the NEBO Transcend is superb. The maximum brightness is 1,000 lumens (considerably brighter than the torch on my phone). There are four brightness settings and also a strobe effect. It also comes complete with a USB charger:
Nebo-Transcend-Rechargeable-Headlamp
Wishing everyone a lovely evening/day :relaxed:

2 Likes

Instead of posting something that I regard as simply the best- can I ask a question of the collective wisdom that contributes here?
I want to buy some decent quality kitchen knives to replace the rubbish ones we’ve used for years.

3 questions -

What makes are recommended?
What are the most useful knives to start off with?
Is buying a set recommended or to buy individual knives?

Thanking you all in advance.

Jonathan

I’m a fan of Wusthof, last a lifetime

3 Likes

Just had a look- there are many choices- is there a range that you have found to your liking?
Thank you

Sabatier are very good. Stick with stainless steel rather than carbon steel as it stains. You don’t need a huge set - a cook’s knife, a parer, small serrated knife for tomatoes and perhaps a larger serrated knife for bread/roasts

2 Likes

These are my goto blades - a set like this would set you back about Β£150

Be careful they are very sharp.

8 Likes

Many thanks Andy and @crispyduck - that’s exactly the sort of information I am after.

I bought them as single knives, I think they’re from the Grand Prix 11 and Cordon Bleu ranges, Sabatier as above are great too.

1 Like