The Best 👌

Used to smoke those myself, haven’t smoked in twenty years

The joys of being a callow youth

1 Like

I’ve never seen the appeal of jewellery from the aesthetic or functional aspect…

1 Like

Oh well…more for me!

5 Likes

And what a lovely clean watch it is

It looks like a BTSA watch to me ( Built to survive apocalypse)

Best wishes and hoping all is well

Ian

2 Likes

All is well, thanks, Ian.

(Watching a couple of LP12s on a “well known auction site” on behalf of a friend who’s thinking of dipping his toe in this strange hobby of ours.)

1 Like

There is style, and style. And a lot of fashion is very far from stylish. So someone can dislike or have a disinterest in fashion, and dislike or disdain flashy things others might consider stylish, yet have a very strong sense of and enjoyment of what might be considered real style.

7 Likes

Spot on, how many homes have you been in or seen where money is no object but the result is revolting.

3 Likes

I can show you revolting and didn’t need to spend a lot to do it :laughing:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

An updated image may appear one day.

1 Like

Looks like my grandkids have moved in.:rofl::rofl:

If you want I can send Mrs Pete over she’ll have you sorted within 24 hours.

2 Likes

It’s an acoustic experiment to reduce standing waves.

Honest, guv :frowning:

1 Like

Do you want to change, you know ultimately it’s your place and if you’re happy that’s all that counts.

1 Like

SOS

Please send Mrs Pete or Marie Kondo.

Maybe both. There’s some good shows on cable here about dealing with hoarding might pay to check out YouTube.

My family home was covered in stuff, we seemed to move from one room to another. Think it’s why I’m the opposite now.

We’d definitely come and help if we were close.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know about that.

8 Likes

Funny I just posted something in another thread along those lines.

But yes, a perfect example. :grin:

For a minute there, I thought he had a hookah…

1 Like

No, that’s just the way he stands.

1 Like

Absolutely, constantly trying to tidy things, I think it came from my father/mother’s wartime ‘make do and mend mentality’ as my father used to keep so many things that might be useful in the future or could be stripped for various parts - plugs/cables that sort of thing.

That particular room is at the front of the house and therefore when emptying the car of purchases they often end up there first.

A heck of a lot of that mess is firewood, heat logs or coal briquettes which needs to be redistributed to where it is used so will be going up the chimney in coming weeks. I need more outdoor storage. There are also several storage boxes there, many only part full I have out in order to sort and clear some of them - the worst are spaghetti like collections of leads/PSUs which are all tangled - plan to pack them individually in labelled freezer/food zip lock bags which should help me find cables rather than re-ordering things! The worst are all the generic PSUs/wallwarts as I’m finding it increasingly difficult to read the ratings on the plugs and figure out what belongs to what.

My plan was to clear a lot of that today but I pulled one of my intercostal muscles yesterday moving an awkward shaped item through a door when I should have waited for help. Exacerbated it pulling out a tumble dryer to fix a tripped internal thermostat and then playing tennis badly for several hours in a lot of pain. Oh, to be more supple. We’ll see…

2 Likes